Bad
Good

Posted November 28, 2011
I could not be happier with VES! The teachers are amazing as is the principal! If there are any issues Mr. Reardon is there to listen. Most of the teachers are just out of college which offers the newest skill sets for our children! I am impressed with the school and excited I have chosen VES! I do wish that there was a language as my child has previously taken language from K on until attending VES. That is the only draw back!

Posted October 09, 2010
Voorheesville Elementary School is a small school in a community dedicated to ensuring the quality education of our kids.

Posted March 29, 2010
We moved here for the school district and could not be happier...With a child that has special needs I feel so blessed to have found this school. All my sons teachers have worked with me during the school year to work out problems and my son has done wonderful.

Posted November 13, 2008
We moved here 3 years ago and I could not be more pleased with the school and teachers. They have been very supportive and helpful whenever needed. Everyone is very approachable and friendly. We feel very furtunate to have moved into this school district.

Voorheesville Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2008
If you have a gifted child this is not the school for him/her. We moved here from VA and have found the teachers/principal unwilling to challenge our child during the school day. Our child now hates school. The state of NY does not require schools to have gifted programs and most do not. So yes, you can voice your concerns but they fall on deaf ears. I have also found it difficult to become a volunteer or to gain access to the classroom.

Posted August 02, 2005
Voorheesville Elementary is situated just outside the quaint village of Voorheesville. Most families here are middle to high-income and growth is increasing because of the suburb's visual appeal and convenience to nearby larger towns and cities. Because of growth, the 6th grade was moved out of the Elementary school and into a new middle school wing...off the main high school. The Elementary school is now K-5. Parent are involved throughout all grades from Kindergarten class help to chaperoning field trips, making costumes & sets for plays, reading partners, special class activities, and PTA. Most teachers we've had were the best. The bad ones just expected too much from a child of that age. There are mandatory and voluntary conferences throughout the year so your concerns CAN be voiced. Most staff were willing to work out issues. Overall, I don't think we could have found a better school.

129 Maple Avenue, Voorheesville, NY  12186
Last modified Voorheesville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.