Townsend Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2005
Having a young child in the school with special needs, it is very difficult. You get yessed with a big smile, and then the administrators go on their own merry way ignoring what is needed. Luckily my child is highly intelligent and is already reading. I am nervous about looking at the school test scores, they really are below what I feel comfortable with. I too, am seriously thinking about homeschooling. I must say the teacher this year is wonderful and has patience above and beyond! Last year was terrible but I had no choice. Looking now to see what teacher will be a good fit, and I know it will mean months of an argument to get her.

Townsend Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2004
Though the school says they want parent involvement, parents are not allowed to go to the studens classrooms without an appointment. The teachers give homework on information that they did not teach. Assignments are not clear. Some of the teachers berate the students in front the class. We feel the administration is not supportive of the parents. There are some good teachers, but you must know who they are, request them, and fight to get them. Discipline usually includes yelling at the children, and punishing the whole class for the actions of a few. We could really use a private school in this area. We have considered home-schooling many times.

Townsend Elementary School
42-66 North St, Walton, NY  13856
Last modified Townsend Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Townsend Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top