Wantagh, NY
Students enrolled: 1,138

Posted January 23, 2013
All of these 4-5 star reviews are made by the owners of the school to make themselves look better. This school literally endorses bullying and punishes the victims.

Posted January 17, 2013
Mediocre at best! Lots of bullying and favoritism. Very little discipline if any. Staff and faculty seem unenthused. NO DIVERSITY!!!

Posted July 13, 2012
When i saw this school got a 4 out of 5 stars i laughed.I am writing this comment representing a huge GROUP of parents.The schools discipline level is probably at 0%..The school has at least 90% kids that are jersey shore and homies.Kids walk around with their pants half way down and their hat on sideways trying to be "cool." When I walked in this school for the first time I was extremely un-impressed.For some reason this school is going completely down hill. A rule that I strongly disapprove of is that kids are allowed to have their cell phones out!!!!This could lead to cheating on tests, cyber bullying,etc.Another problem is BULLYING.I do not understand why but so many kids are just plain mean.Luckily,the group of parents and I have children that are trying to succeed,which is extremely hard to do in this schools educational climate.the school overall has only a one star in college preparation. inappropriately dressed girls and boys come into school all the time.Lastly,girls and boys who try to succeed are always ridiculed for being smart an are turned into the regular crowd.I guess this is why so many parents are sending kids to private school in 8th grade because of the HS.

Wantagh Senior High School 4

Posted June 14, 2011
I am a parent of a high School Jr. at the Wantagh Sr. High school. This is my third child that has attended this school which is a Blue Ribbon School of excellence. This school has offered all of my children an excellent start in being prepared for College. They offer a variety of College level instruction with AP courses. Both of my older children have gone on to the college of their choice and done very well. My youngest is looking to follow his siblings foot steps and is also taking advantage of the AP and college level courses available. They offer clubs and sports to fit most students interests. Parents are very involved as you can see at every school event. They do help parents to educate themselves for the process of getting your son or daughter into college. On a closing note I have seen the value of the high school taxes we pay in affording our children a quality education.

Posted March 20, 2011
Great kids,great schools....Alot of parental involvement! Proud to be a part of it! BTW Union Free was a term made when the Long Island School Districts were formed...It has nothing to do with the unions...It's a question that I also had before I searched out the reason..All surrounding school districts consider themselves Union Free,and they also have unions..All it was put in place to mean was that the school districts are seperate from each other.... Example...Seaford is a seperate district from Wantagh,Massapequa,Bellmore and so on..I hope this clears things up... I personally can not say enough good things about the leadership of the High School....

Wantagh Senior High School 2

Posted March 19, 2011
Outrageously high school taxes! Food for thought: Why does the Wantagh School system refer to themselves as "union-free", when the teachers are actually union members?

Posted October 08, 2009
We have great kids!! Great teachers who care about our kids!! and an awesome school enviorment!

Wantagh Senior High School

Posted October 07, 2009
Great School and great community. We have so many alumni that chose to stay in this school district and raise their own kids here!!

Posted October 05, 2009
We are very proud of all the band students and the band department. Our parent support is amazing.

Posted September 16, 2009
Some of my best memories were from Wantagh High School!

Wantagh Senior High School
3297 Beltagh Avenue, Wantagh, NY  11793
Last modified Wantagh Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wantagh Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top