Washingtonville Senior High School 1

Posted February 23, 2013
Washingtonville HS and particularly the principals office did not prepare me for college. Fortunately I had parents that aggressively prodded me to excel, I did graduate with a 99 average, even with all AP courses. There were a few teachers that rose above the others, unfortunately they were the minority. The school administration reinforces mediocrity, simply put, teachers tongues don't speak success. Athletics are the anticipated way to college for many WHS students. If I lived in the area, my kids would attend private school.

Posted September 27, 2011
If you're looking for the challenge in high school, you'll find it. The problem is that (smart) students avoid these classes and then apply to top name schools for bragging rights. If you're an honors kid, you'll definately get a more well rounded education whereas the "regular" students are cramped in classes of 30+ where the teacher assigns a 10 minute assignment for an 80 min class period. What's surprising is that a good majority of students DO go off to nearby community college... strange for a more affluent public high school. Everyone tends to know each other and there's a nice hometown feel. The problem is diversity is LACKING!!! Students are deprived of learning about other cultures and belief systems. Yes, there are other people who DO exist in this world who ARE NOT white Christians and they don't always cater to deragatory stereotypes. Even 95% of the spanish department is white. There is a lot of underlying racism present. The suburban feeling is a little erie. when you get to school, you tend to pass by a lot of houses that look the same and the school is soo CLIQUEY!! But at least academics are good, top notch if you allow it to be but you wont be pressured. SS

Posted October 21, 2010
It is safe for me to say the my education at WHS prepared me more for life than most State Colleges do within many regions outside of the Northeast area. It is the very lessons I learned from some of the greatest teachers I've known (even compared to many of my college professors) that I still go back to when making difficult decisions. I truly believe that WHS prepared me not only academically, but also socially and culturally to fully be prepared to engage in today's complex world and not only survive, but thrive in my career and all other areas. I am proud to be a Wizard, and as one of my favorite history teachers says: "It is not just what is being taught in the classroom, but what YOU the student put into your education.

Washingtonville Senior High School 2

Posted June 09, 2009
Both me and my brother graduated from here several years apart and have gone onto highly competitive engineering schools. However it is unanimously felt that we were inadequately prepared for freshman level college coursework and were forced to take remedial math and science to keep up.

Washingtonville Senior High School 2

Posted May 17, 2009
Washingtonville schools meet the standard. They fill the need for school but donot go above and beyond. The district is poor, regardless of what this site shows for expenditures per student as my children, one high school, one middle school and one elementary, have yet to take one field trip or do anything extra. Everything extra has been cut. Not very much control of students in the High school and cheating is turned a blind eye to.

Posted March 16, 2009
I love Mr. Rossi!!!! And if you actually make an effort, Washingtonville High School offers the classes to prepare you for college. There is a great variety of AP and SUPA courses.

Washingtonville Senior High School
54 W Main St, Washingtonville, NY  10992
Last modified Washingtonville Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washingtonville Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top