Watertown, NY
Students enrolled: 1,090

Watertown Senior High School 3

Posted September 17, 2014
My Daughter has recently moved up to WHS from Case. We have had the occasional hiccup with a particular Teacher at Case, but so far, at the high school, I am impressed with the Principal, VP's and Teachers. My overall problem with Watertown schools in general is the "quality" of the other kids. We have lived here for over 3 years now and neither of my children has met a single kid with whom they will share lifelong bond. As my children get older (now a 6th grader and a 9th grader), bullying and peer pressure have reared their ugly heads. I have met many people who share our values and morals, but my children have not been so lucky. Teachers cannot teach children to have "good" values and morals, that is a Parents job and unfortunately, many Parents in Watertown are failing at it. The schools do have regular programs that teach the evils of bullying (not peer pressure, that I am aware of) and they do have "no tolerance" policies, but it still happens. That aside, the academics and programs in the Watertown schools are far better than the schools my children attended in Texas, or So. Calif.

Watertown Senior High School 2

Posted May 14, 2013
my school is very unorganized, and a very bad choice if you want no drama.

Watertown Senior High School

Posted November 04, 2009
I miss that school so much! I went there for 3 years then ended up having to move. Honestly the best school ever.

Posted October 03, 2009
i loved this school because it has great teachers and wonderful classes and also i meet my future husband there when i was a freshman. what great memories we had at that school.

Posted April 08, 2009
I've never met more adults willing to go the extra mile to see their students succeed. They offer numerous clubs, sports and electives to make their students more well-rounded individuals. The school embraces diversity and individuality. Yes there are some bums who attend the school, that contribute almost nothing... however that is due to lack of good parenting above anything else. I believe this school truly prepares their students for the college level better than any other school in the county.

Watertown Senior High School 1

Posted February 27, 2009
I agree that a private school would be better. We had a wonderful experience with Watertown school until entering Case Middle school. There are several fights and the environment is little to be desired and the education is substandard. The children are in fact treated like inmates and most of the teachers are very rude and argumentative as one parent stated. The kids seem to be 'lost in the crowd.' I would NOT recommend this school.

Watertown Senior High School 1

Posted May 09, 2007
I also feel the teachers are openly argumentative with parents. Students are just a number to them. In addition, there are a handful of teachers with compassion to teach and only a handful that do respect the students.

Watertown Senior High School 4

Posted June 10, 2006
Overall the school corriculum is good, the teachers are of general good quality and my son has had a good experience there this year.

Watertown Senior High School 2

Posted September 08, 2004
While there are many dedicated teachers at WHS, I've found several to be lacking in patience, tolerance and understanding when dealing with students. Overall, the school doesn't seem to be progressive and unable produce a marketable product, meaning the children do not seem to possess the skills and training necessary to make an easy transition into higher education or the world should they choose not to expand on their education. I've found direction and guidance for the students to be severely lacking at WHS, resulting in increased bullying and violence toward children less able to defend themselves, substance abuse and poor academic performance. Some teachers are openly argumentative with parents and students, and appear to be overwhelmed by their present positions. I would recommend a private school (if possible) rather than a Watertown public school.

Posted August 22, 2004
The Principals at Watertown High are wonderful. I think it is wonderful that the teachers treat the kids with respect. I truly feel that is the only way to get respect in return. Great school, hope it stays that way.

Watertown Senior High School
1335 Washington St, Watertown, NY  13601
Last modified Watertown Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watertown Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top