Bad
Good

My Daughter has recently moved up to WHS from Case. We have had the occasional hiccup with a particular Teacher at Case, but so far, at the high school, I am impressed with the Principal, VP's and Teachers. My overall problem with Watertown schools in general is the "quality" of the other kids. We have lived here for over 3 years now and neither of my children has met a single kid with whom they will share lifelong bond. As my children get older (now a 6th grader and a 9th grader), bullying and peer pressure have reared their ugly heads. I have met many people who share our values and morals, but my children have not been so lucky. Teachers cannot teach children to have "good" values and morals, that is a Parents job and unfortunately, many Parents in Watertown are failing at it. The schools do have regular programs that teach the evils of bullying (not peer pressure, that I am aware of) and they do have "no tolerance" policies, but it still happens. That aside, the academics and programs in the Watertown schools are far better than the schools my children attended in Texas, or So. Calif.

my school is very unorganized, and a very bad choice if you want no drama.

I miss that school so much! I went there for 3 years then ended up having to move. Honestly the best school ever.

i loved this school because it has great teachers and wonderful classes and also i meet my future husband there when i was a freshman. what great memories we had at that school.

I've never met more adults willing to go the extra mile to see their students succeed. They offer numerous clubs, sports and electives to make their students more well-rounded individuals. The school embraces diversity and individuality. Yes there are some bums who attend the school, that contribute almost nothing... however that is due to lack of good parenting above anything else. I believe this school truly prepares their students for the college level better than any other school in the county.

I agree that a private school would be better. We had a wonderful experience with Watertown school until entering Case Middle school. There are several fights and the environment is little to be desired and the education is substandard. The children are in fact treated like inmates and most of the teachers are very rude and argumentative as one parent stated. The kids seem to be 'lost in the crowd.' I would NOT recommend this school.

I also feel the teachers are openly argumentative with parents. Students are just a number to them. In addition, there are a handful of teachers with compassion to teach and only a handful that do respect the students.

Last modified Watertown Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.