Posted May 18, 2009

Watervliet Junior Senior High School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
I recently graduated from Watervliet Jr.-Sr. High School. In my opinion, the teachers are excellent, and very accomodating. I disagree with a previous poster who stated that the administrators are out for themselves. The administrators are very involved in student life and make every effort to meet with and assist students. As a small school, students have the opportunity to actively participate in whichever extracurricular activity they choose, even if they aren't a superstar. I do wish that more advanced courses were available. In my experience, private universities generally do not accept University in the High School credit, but will give credit for high AP scores. I would like to commend the district in providing alternative opportunities for accelerated study through the New Visions programs.

Posted June 14, 2008
I personally think the aspect of this school is appealing overall. It is an excellent, small school district, in average condition, yet the rate of school spirit is very high amongst sttudents, especially due to the fact there aren't any 'pep rallies' or anything else of that sort. I especially like the charismatic ideas of the district, to provide success to come in further years for each individual.

Watervliet Junior Senior High School 1

Posted March 25, 2008

Posted August 13, 2007
Watervliet is the best school with great taecher and students

Watervliet Junior Senior High School 3

Posted September 18, 2006
I think the school has some really great teachers here. I am highly upset that there is no orchestra in the school! My daughter has been playing since 3rd grade and I will probably be moving due to that fact. Parent involvement seems to be at a pretty good level. The office is need of some help tho. Academic programs for the 7th grade seem to be pretty good.

Watervliet Junior Senior High School 4

Posted July 11, 2005
- a former student

Watervliet Junior Senior High School 4

Posted July 05, 2005
Very challenging teachers. Wonderful staff and principal. Small class to student ratio. Great school!

Watervliet Junior Senior High School 0

Posted September 13, 2004
I myself graduated from WHS and moved back into the city so my own children could attend these schools. While I have had problems with the school not being equipped to handle children who needed accelerated classes, I feel my children have received a wonderful well rounded education. Not every teacher in this school district can reach every student in the same way, that is the disadvantage of being a small school. I have feel that any time I needed assistance whether with a teacher or guidance related problem, the staff was right there to do whatever they could do. Before I put down the faculty of this school for not caring about students I think parents need to take a good look around and see if there is more that they should and could be doing for the good of the child and school.

Watervliet Junior Senior High School 1

Posted June 26, 2004

Watervliet Junior Senior High School
1245 Hillside Dr, Watervliet, NY  12189
Last modified Watervliet Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watervliet Junior Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top