West Hempstead, NY

Chestnut Street School 5

Posted April 06, 2015
Chestnut street school is an excellent school. My daughter was well-prepared for first grade and her Kindergarten teacher was very knowledgeable. She always pushed her to the next level of learning. I was very pleased with her progress in reading and writing. She has developed an extreme love for reading different genres of literature and also enjoyed participating in the PARP (parents as reading partners) program and the PTA reflections program. Her arts project made it to the state level and she was ecstatic and quite honored as a Kindergarten student to reach such a level of distinction. Kudos to Chestnut Street! Keep up the good work!

Posted June 26, 2009
My daughter is finishing school at Chestnut and I must say am 100% pleased the way she has been preared for the first grade. Her teacher did an excellent job. Thank you class KD teacher.

Posted January 08, 2009
My child attended chestnut street school and is now attending cornwell elementry. I feel that my child was very well prepare to enter the first grade, the teachers and staff were great . My child has only good memories of the school wish he has now pasted on to his little brother who will be attending in the fall.

Chestnut Street School 2

Posted September 01, 2008
The school or the Principle s philosophy is no homework! I find this silly; kids need to practice since they will do homework until they graduate from college. Teachers were great but not enough lettering and numbering practice to prepare them for first grade. Pre-k was better for my son.

Chestnut Street School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
The faculty and staff are definitely doing their jobs well. My son's teacher is great, maintaining open lines of communication for a family where both parents work. I would like to see a bit more homework,though.

Chestnut Street School 2

Posted June 13, 2006
The special education program is very limited.

Chestnut Street School 5

Posted February 28, 2006
I had absolutely no complaints about the education my son received here. The teachers are caring and kind, and the students really learn.

252 Chestnut Street, West Hempstead, NY  11552