PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

After leaving another local and highly-rated Catholic K-8 school over severe academic and leadership concerns, we were optimistic, yet leary, that Queen of Heaven would be the "fix" to all the shortcomings that we had experienced. I am beyond happy to report that it has fulfilled our every wish and then some. The current principal (the reviews below seem dated) is a fantastic leader. She is on her employees like white on rice. She is outcomes-driven and evidence-based. She imposes truly challenging work but integrates academic intervention services (AIS) for ALL children, several days per week, so that each is differentiated and receiving what they deserve (i.e. If your child reads above grade level they are placed in reading groups a grade level up on AIS days; if they are behind or struggling with a certain concept, they are worked with one-on-one to achieve mastery). We currently have three early elementary children enrolled, and one of the things we love MOST is that this school is not all math and ELA. Daily, they are exposed to science, social studies, religion, foreign language, and technology. They are allowed free playtime. They also receive typical specials like art and gym. Many children will not have regular exposure to these additional subjects until they are well into elementary school, due to a large preoccupation with math and ELA, but Queen of Heaven starts them in Kindergarten. There are additional engineering clubs, science clubs, sports, and lots of opportunities to expose your children to service outreach - to build responsibility, compassion and empathy. Communication with parents is the best we've seen. There are weekly emails from the principal, school secretary, and teachers update class websites weekly, respond promptly to emails and even use text alerts to send out messages and notices. They are always available for extra academic help or a parent conference. The children are kind and well-disciplined. We have not encountered any behavioral problems or bullying and trust that such behavior, if it occurred, would be dealt with swiftly. Again, the principal is a stern but fantastic leader. We could not be happier with our choice and highly recommend this school for all of the abovementioned reasons and more!

Horrible leadership. Don't buy into the principals sales pitch. Narrow minded and unpleasant. Shame really, this school has great potential.

We have been involved with the school for over ten years and have not encountered any of the issues stated in other reviews. One child is now in high school and is thriving academically and socially thanks to being so well prepared in elementary school. Our other child is in 7th grade and enjoys his time at school. The sports program is fantastic and the new principal has instituted many programs to encourage academic excellence. I encourage every parent who is searching for a new school to ignore the negative comments from a disgruntled few and make up your own mind with a visit to the school.

On Wednesday,my family had the rug pulled out from under us. We were informed that our school is being closed. It was devastating news. Today, I visited Queen of Heaven School looking for a new school for my children. I was immediately welcomed by warm, caring people. I thoroughly enjoyed my tour of their facility and was impressed with both the Computer and Chrome labs. They offer many extra-curricular activities for the students. Upon completion of my tour and my conversations with both faculty members and the principal, I registered my children on the spot! As difficult as this experirnce has been, I know I have found my new "family" at Queen of Heaven School! I strongly urge all families going through this difficult process to visit Queen of Heaven. You'll be glad you did!

Queen of Heaven is a great school. Many of these negative reviews are very old. I have found nothing other than a school community who is more like family. My children love Queen of Heaven, especially the art teacher. She has done wonders for this school. The extras that are provided such as the Bell Choir and before and after care are amazing. this is truly a dedicated group of professionals who love the students and love to teach. The new principal is also a breath of fresh air.

This school is very good for academics and as a student the teachers are very friendly and love to teach us about matscience etc... but BULLING is such a big problem DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN to this school. In theJunior High people are bullied every day (my self encluded) and the teachers and principal do nothing about it we had got a new prinicpal and he was "Let go" (asked to leave for no good reason) and they got a new principla a wekk ago so maybe this will change but sadly right now the only good thing comeing out of this school is acdemics noting else.

Moved our two girls to Q of H after becoming disillusioned by the local public school system and it's artificial, teach to the test culture. Very happy I did not read the reviews here. We have had a very happy, solid two years. The students, teachers, staff, principal and other families have been welcoming and kind. The education they are receiving is strong, and I'm happy overall with the school. I have not had a single problem with the teachers or principal. No school is perfect, but Q of H has turned out to be a near perfect fit for our kids and our family. I would reccomend this school to anyone.

Due to declining enrollement, student teacher ratio is now at least 24:1. A few teachers are fantastic the others border on okay to just bad. The principal doesn't have any business running that school, she is narrowminded and not open to parent suggestion. She has no desire to hear suggestions to make the school better. The discipline of students standing on a line outside in the parking lot as decribed by another reviewer is accurate. There are much better schools then this one. Please pick another.

The Principal lacks principles, leadership skills, authority, respect, and overall should NEVER have been put in her current position!! They have this punishment thing called "being on the line". REALITY~ The LINE is outside on the Blacktop Parking Lot where the kids are forced to stand during Recess for periods in excess of 15 - 20 Minutes at a time (yes, even in 85* weather),arm width apart,not moving.,not talking,NOTHING! What constitute's being placed on this line = any infraction such as: not having your homework completed - not being properly prepared for recess (no boots, no hat, or no gloves) means you will stand immobile IN THE COLD (UNPREPARED Remember!) etc. I Guarantee you that the parents Do Not realize what "Being on the line" really means. Oh, and if you ask about this Barbaric Punishment (which is illegal as per the definition of CORPORAL PUNISHMENT, and would not be thought of in a public school), the Suto-Principal will tell you it doesn't exist. However, on any given day during Lunch/Recess time you will see 10 -20 kids out there on that line! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANY STUDENTS TO ATTEND THIS SCHOOL Here's an idea - GET A REAL PRINCIPAL!!!

My oldest son is in junior high at Queen of Heaven and he will not be returning next school year. He is constantly being picked on by the "cool" kids and never wants to go to school for that reason. Telling the school about the bullying is no help because nothing is ever done about it. I agree with the PP where some of the JH teachers are condescending to the students. The homework, projects, etc. are relentless. I think my child doing homework for 4+ hours a night is ridiculous. I know that my child will flourish in his new school next year.

Last modified Queen Of Heaven Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8