Bad
Good

I moved to WHB specifically for the schools. I have been thrilled. The teachers are excellent. The principal (Mrs. Slover) knows every child by name and knows everything that goes on in the building. The school holds the children to high academic standards and is very quick to give additional support when it's needed.The school has an active PTA and a great sense of community and school spirit. I can;t say enough good things.

We moved here for the reputation- what a disappointment! It's great if your parent teaches in the school, or your kid is a bully...but if you actually bring up your child to be well mannered they will be bullied from day 1! Nothing done to better character education....and should your child be disabled and qualify for a service- good luck! Administration will fight you tooth and nail so do your research! We never should have believed the hype- it has been nothing but a disgusting eye opening experience.

Many families have moved here just for the amazing school system. High standards all around

Amen to the December 5, 2008 review. My kids are currently in this school and I am researching alternatives. The prevailing tone of this school is MEDIOCRITY, and I hold the leadership (principal) responsible. Nothing deplorable is going on but neither is anything excellent or inspiring. Makes me sad for the good teachers and for all the students. I believe the school could be greatly improved if there were more parental involvement but feel that the administration is not interested in this.

Most of the teachers at the school are very capable and enthusiastic about teaching. For the most part, they are doing a wonderful job educating our children. And, of course, the small class size and wonderful facilities are all very attractive to us. We are, however, concernced about its leadership. From our personal experience, the principal's leaderhip and judgment do not match the caliber of the teachers and the school's fantastic reputation.

WHB Elementary is a WONDERFUL school. I really can't credit the poor reviews seen here. We are a military family and the education my children received at this school was outstanding to say the least. I didn't always agree with my children's teachers on every subject but that dosen't change the fact that they went above and bevond to ensure my children received the best education possible. AND I found as a rule that they were very open to any conversation with me to resolve issues. The comments about Principal Masera are harsh and unfair. one of the duties of the principal is to deal with behavior problems. Roudy children disrupt everyones learning and that's not fair. I've always found Mr. M extremly dedicated to the children of this school. The teachers are amazing and as a rule LOVE the children they teach. Better than ANY private school out there!

WHB Elementary seems to have gotten dramatically worse since the arrival of new Principal Ron Masera. He doles out punishment like a zealous prison guard but seems clueless on any issue regarding actual learning. WHB has a few very good teachers and faculty members, but are most tenured and lost their love of teaching long ago. They teach to the middle and are unwilling to go the extra mile, period. If your child is bright or needs extra help, avoid this school.

Last modified Westhampton Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.