Westhampton Beach Elementary School 5

Posted May 14, 2013
Many families have moved here just for the amazing school system. High standards all around

Posted May 06, 2009
Amen to the December 5, 2008 review. My kids are currently in this school and I am researching alternatives. The prevailing tone of this school is MEDIOCRITY, and I hold the leadership (principal) responsible. Nothing deplorable is going on but neither is anything excellent or inspiring. Makes me sad for the good teachers and for all the students. I believe the school could be greatly improved if there were more parental involvement but feel that the administration is not interested in this.

Posted December 05, 2008
Most of the teachers at the school are very capable and enthusiastic about teaching. For the most part, they are doing a wonderful job educating our children. And, of course, the small class size and wonderful facilities are all very attractive to us. We are, however, concernced about its leadership. From our personal experience, the principal's leaderhip and judgment do not match the caliber of the teachers and the school's fantastic reputation.

Westhampton Beach Elementary School 5

Posted October 14, 2008

Westhampton Beach Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
WHB Elementary is a WONDERFUL school. I really can't credit the poor reviews seen here. We are a military family and the education my children received at this school was outstanding to say the least. I didn't always agree with my children's teachers on every subject but that dosen't change the fact that they went above and bevond to ensure my children received the best education possible. AND I found as a rule that they were very open to any conversation with me to resolve issues. The comments about Principal Masera are harsh and unfair. one of the duties of the principal is to deal with behavior problems. Roudy children disrupt everyones learning and that's not fair. I've always found Mr. M extremly dedicated to the children of this school. The teachers are amazing and as a rule LOVE the children they teach. Better than ANY private school out there!

Posted May 23, 2007

Posted May 23, 2007
WHB Elementary seems to have gotten dramatically worse since the arrival of new Principal Ron Masera. He doles out punishment like a zealous prison guard but seems clueless on any issue regarding actual learning. WHB has a few very good teachers and faculty members, but are most tenured and lost their love of teaching long ago. They teach to the middle and are unwilling to go the extra mile, period. If your child is bright or needs extra help, avoid this school.

Posted August 31, 2006
As a parent my children are served very well at Westhampton Beach Elementary. Most of the teachers are very dedicated to their students. I am concerned about the decision of administration to dismiss very valuable and dynamic teachers. The focus of administration on technology and extra curricular programs take a priority over quality teaching at times. The teachers are overall a warm caring group strongly dedicated to their profession. I do feel the upper administration needs to focus on what is going on in the classroom over the 'extras' in the school.

Westhampton Beach Elementary School 0

Posted October 18, 2005
The WHB school system is outstanding. Teachers have lots of energy. Small class sizes. All students from grade K through 5 participate in Computer Lab, Spanish, Science Lab, Art classes, Enrichment programs. Free summer programs are available daily from 9 to 12 for the entire month of July where children get to choose their own classes from offering such as French Science Art Cooking etc. I love the school, the teachers, the PTA is very strong. Afterschool activities are available for the older grades as well as band and chorus.. my kids aren't old enough for that yet so I can't comment. Lots of extrcurricular activities as well, picnics, square dances, bonfires, game nights, read ins, etc.

Posted April 06, 2005
If your child is smart or a quick learner, DO NOT send your child to this school. They do not and will not challenge children who are capable of doing more. The majority of these teachers will not go any further than their job description. Please do not use their aftercare services because your child along with 40 others will be watched by one aide and one high school student who chat the whole time and pay absolutely no attention to your child. WHB elementary used to be a very good school, but all it is now is minimally satisfying.

Westhampton Beach Elementary School
379 Mill Road, Westhampton Beach, NY  11978
Last modified Westhampton Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westhampton Beach Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top