Westhampton Beach, NY
Students enrolled: 1,006

Posted June 07, 2011
WHB has tremendous resources: 18 AP classes offered; every student gets a laptop; Smartboard technology in every classroom, a high-tech wet lab, new auditorium; lighted artificial turf athletic field. I have a daughter entering her senior year and a son about to begin his freshman year and we have been very happy overall. We have found that the push to excel needs to come from home rather than the school administration but the resources available are absolutely first rate.

Westhampton Beach Senior High School 1

Posted November 13, 2008

Westhampton Beach Senior High School 0

Posted March 17, 2008
I cant wait ti take my children out of this school. They only care about their 'honor' students. If your child struggles with a particular subject youre on your own. I ask for my son to be given detention if he fail to turn in homework and was told that if they did that they would have 40 kids in detention. I was asking for too much. All their effort is devoted to the students who make the school 'look good'. They cant be bothered with the rest>

Posted August 27, 2007

Westhampton Beach Senior High School 1

Posted May 14, 2007

Posted April 23, 2006
- a former student
This was a great high school and I felt very qualified and prepared for college. It was a safe nurturing atmosphere.

Westhampton Beach Senior High School 4

Posted February 12, 2006
West hampton is an alright school its small suttle no fights good teacher good way of handling things

Posted October 03, 2005
This school is excellent. My kid was in private school from k-7 in Manhattan and work/study brought me to this area. He has really flourished. One or two of the teachers have lacked in sensitivity, but overall, they care, call the parent if there is a hint of a problem, e.g. he didn't bring his books. The school is extremely safe and the counsellors, principal and staff are courteous and kind. My kid has absolutely bloomed in this environment. He is praised a little, which he was not in private school- and in one year went from failing several subjects to having a straight A average. I would highly recommend this district to anyone lucky enough to be able to attend. By the way, I am a very dedicated teacher. Have taught graduate school, college and high school. If it helps to know my profession, there it is. GL to all.

Posted June 26, 2005
- a former student
The quality of the academic programs is one of the best I went to this and others and found this one to provide more class then any of the rest. It also has a large number of extracurricular activities for the students.

Westhampton Beach Senior High School
49 Lilac Road, Westhampton Beach, NY  11978
Last modified Westhampton Beach Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westhampton Beach Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top