White Plains, NY

Posted April 30, 2013
My Daughter started Kindergarten here at the beginning of this school year 12/13. I will say the class size is smaller than most other schools out there, 20 children with 2 teachers in the class. The academic standards are quite high, which is a good thing. If I had one complaint it's that there needs to be a little bit more free/play time for the young kids. My daughter has progressed quite nicely as have many of her classmates.

Posted April 22, 2010
Sad to hear these comments as I think VRES is a great school. You can be involved as much as you'd like. Yes, it does tend to be busy in the morning however as a working parent I welcome that. The school is excellent and does have afterschool activities such as Scouts and Clubs to attend. Even with the larger classrooms my child excelled and loved going to school each and every day. Involvement is up to you. It s there -- you just have to sign up. Our child graduates this year and I for one will be sad to say goodbye. Great faculty enriched learning environment what more can you ask for?

Virginia Road Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2010
We are so excited that the school year is coming to an end. I now understand the benefits of private education. Large class sizes here with very little involvement allowed from the parents and just a very rushed feeling from the school, from the fellow parents honking in the parking lot to get you moving a little faster in the mornings. Very little sense of community and no after school activities

Posted February 12, 2010
I'm writing this review as the father of a kindergartener. Our experience has been very positive at the school. First off, there is homework. Not so much that it's too much, but not a tiny bit that is not challenging. It's noticeable the effort required. The children are being challenged at a very young age and are responding well. Second, the class size is very appropriate, around 20 kids. The teachers have access to aides and the needed support to maintain an orderly classrom environment. Third, they are using technology to help the kids learn, not replace learning. They are using smart boards and all the latest techniques alongside good old fashioned coloring and reading. Fourth, they are very organized and caring at the same time. Parents are kept in the loop and teachers are responsive to individual requests. They really go out of their way to take care.

Posted February 02, 2010
My husband and I are very pleased with VRES. My daughter is in Kindergarten and is learning both the academic and social skills that provide a good foundation for future success. She is very engaged and proud of her progress. This is in contrast to her preschool, the Home School, where they were unwilling to adjust to different learning styles and this impacted on her self esteem and her enjoyment of school. The parent -teacher communication at VRES is excellent and organized- My daughter s teacher Mrs. Castro is an excellent educator who is very prepared and takes a personal interest in all her students. This knowledge of her students allows her to tailor the learning experience to provide enrichment opportunities in subjects a student excels and extra help in those areas where it is appropriate. The school overall provides a good and safe environment and Mrs. Parker has created an atmosphere of parent teacher partnership which encourages parent participation

Posted November 03, 2009
Our kids love this school. Teachers are wonderful.

Posted October 03, 2009
My granddaughter is getting a good education and enjoys going to school.

Posted May 18, 2009
My daughter attended kindergarden at VRES. She loved it. I was very pleased with so many aspects of the school - from curriclum to communication. I know she was in good hands and received a great start. Mrs. Parker is an exceptional administrator, and her faculty and staff follow her lead!

Posted March 14, 2009
This school is top notch. In response to the comment on March 12, 2009 those words could not be farther from the truth. This is an elementary school, not a daycare. In this day and age schools are locked and visitors must sign in at the office. Parents cannot visit school during the day, this would be so disruptive to the learning environment. You are invited during parties and parent visitation day. This parent needs to cut the cord. There are many ways for parents to be involved by joining the PTA or volunteering. There are many parent volunteers in this school. The principal does an amazing job and knows all the children by name. They greet her in the hallway with smiling faces. Through their hard work and dedication Mrs. Parker and her faculty have made VRES the top notch school that it is today.

Posted January 30, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten at VRES and is so happy!! She loves her teacher and all of her new friends. My blessing was that we sent her to pre-K at All Aboard in Valhalla and they prepared her well for kindergarten. She was ready and her self esteem did not suffer. I am pleased with her teacher Mrs. Olenchack the other staff members and especially the Principal Mrs. Parker who is clearly committed to making a success of all of her students.

Virginia Road Elementary School
86 Virginia Road, White Plains, NY  10603
Last modified Virginia Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Virginia Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top