White Plains, NY
Students enrolled: 1,555

White Plains Middle School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
WPMS Highlands Campus is the best choice for a youth who enjoys meeting and learning about people from other cultures. My daughter was lacking in her ELA and Math scores until she came to HIghlands. She is currently in advanced ELA and held Honor Roll her 7th grade year. The Teachers are supportive and motivating especially towards students who enjoy learning. People have said negative comments about this school but you must realize that a child learns how to behave and respect others, AT HOME! It is not the Teachers responsibility to parent the students...they are there to TEACH them and motivate their methods of learning. HIGHLANDS ROCKS!!!

White Plains Middle School 1

Posted January 29, 2013
I chose this campus over Highlands because it was smaller and i heard great things about it. Unfortunately I made the wrong choice and my son has not received the education that my taxes are paying for. The Principal does not run this school well at all (it starts at the top). This school did not prepare my son for high school! If you have to send your child to a middle school in WP please let it be the Highlands campus-go see for yourself.

Posted February 28, 2012
I <3 Eastview. Best School EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has the nicest teachers and princapal and all staff. My favorite school i've ever been to

Posted June 15, 2011
My daughter goes to Highlands Campus. The advanced classes seem to teach a lot of content. She has a few truly exceptional teachers who have pushed her. In addition, there are a handful of really intelligent students in her grade that seem to push eachother on. The music programs are also really impressive.

White Plains Middle School 3

Posted March 12, 2006
Education is not challenging for the motivated and advanced student.

White Plains Middle School 2

Posted May 27, 2004
This shcool does not always help extremely gifted students. The advanced class sizes are extremely large (25+ students) and bright students can still be bored. There is an excellent enrichment program, but so much time and energy is spent on students below the norm, that students one or more grade levels above the norm are not given sufficient attention. They are not treated as special learners, and not a lot of emphasis is placed on innovative, and intellectual thinking.

White Plains Middle School 3

Posted February 23, 2004
My son attends Eastview Middle School. There are many positive things about this school but I have experienced a few serious lapses of communication with teachers. I also believe the principal is lacking in certain essential administrative skills. If you have an average student who is not organized, I don't believe this school is the best choice. If your student is bright and organized, they'll do well there. There are many wonderful teachers, but a few that are less than desirable; but perfection is impossible. Overall, I wouldn't make this choice again. The girls seem to far better than the boys.

White Plains Middle School

Posted February 23, 2004
I was very pleased with my son's experience at the Eastview campus of the WP Middle School. It's greatest asset is its teaching staff. I felt the leadership did an admirable job at providing a safe, organized and well controlled environment. The principal and asst principal were very visible and both appeared to know each and every student in the building. On the down side, spots in the advanced classes were limited because of the schools size. Looking back, however, my son had a great experience and the school did a good job at meeting his academic, athletic, artisic and social needs. I would recommend the Eastview campus highly.

Posted February 08, 2004
We currently have a daughter at Eastview Middle School. Our experuence has been very satisfactory. Dedicated teachers, rich eduactional experience, caring counselors make this a terrific place to learn. We couldn't be happier.

White Plains Middle School 2

Posted August 25, 2003
My younger son just graduated from Highlands Middle School. At its very best our experience was mediocre. The WP school district appears to be operating in crisis mode. They are woefully unprepared to meet the needs of an ever changing, challenging population. Increasing populations, increasing second language speakers, low socioeconomic groups. All this coupled with unresponsive, unaccountable staff members (administrators on down)makes for a less than enriching educational experiences.

White Plains Middle School
128 Grandview Avenue, White Plains, NY  10605
(914) 422-2092
Last modified White Plains Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Plains Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top