White Plains, NY

Posted June 13, 2015
New principal is awesome, really cares for the student and get to know them individually. Teachers exceptional and some of the best in the district. The dual language program is outstanding. My daughter finished kindergarten reading at a 1st grade level!

Posted April 09, 2015
We moved back to White Plains in January, after living in Yonkers for over 5 years. Post Road School happened to be 2 blocks from our new home. I cannot express how happy I am to have my child in this school! From the fist day, the staff has been wonderful and caring. The curriculum (even for the Kindergarten class) is well above what my son was taught in his former school. Much continued success to Post Road School!

Post Road School 2

Posted January 24, 2014
Went for a tour at this school and the vice principal is SO SO rude. I'd she talks to me like that I don't even want to think about how she talks to the children! The building is nice but it seems like every staff member I saw was just as rude as rude so I will instead be sending my kids to mamaroneck ave school.

Post Road School 3

Posted October 18, 2012
There was a building blunder when the new Post Road School was built a couple of years ago. The outdoor play areas are inadequate for the number of students. The field is usually empty during play time. It often looks flooded.

Post Road School 4

Posted October 16, 2011
Post Road is a wonderful school community and learning environment. I have a child in second grade there, and all teachers have been exceptional. The building itself, is the newest and most beautiful school building in White Plains. It is bright and airy as well as being a "green" school building with geothermal heating and cooling and non-VOC surfaces. The PTA is very active and contributes to a wonderful sense of community. The low rating (of 5 out of 10) is very misleading, since Post Road School has a good amount of special needs learners and children whose first language is not English. If you have a gifted child, he or she will thrive at Post Road and reive more advanced work, if your child needs more help, he or she will receive all services there .

Posted September 30, 2011
I went to this school as a child and my daughter went to this school as well. The teachers were/are wonderful, knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile to teach and always give each child full attention. I love Post Road and I recommend it to all my friends and family.

Posted June 15, 2011
I have had at least one child in this school since 2000 and even though the administration has changed many of the teachers and staff have stayed the same. Many of the teachers are exceptional and caring. Many parents are very involved. Also there is diverse student body so the children are really exposed to many different cultures and backgrounds. Would definitely recommend the school.

Posted December 19, 2009
Brand New Green School. Really caring staff.

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers and the time they take to be invoved with students and parents.

Post Road School

Posted August 31, 2009
Reading these entries causes me to shake my head. The so-called 'great' Dr. Smith, former Post Road principal barely lasted two years. He used bells and whistles to substitute for his absence of leadership. White Plains has very few strong leaders. The district chooses to spend its huge budget by employing scores of administrators who have no contact with students.

Post Road School
175 West New York Post Road, White Plains, NY  10606
Last modified Post Road School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Post Road School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top