White Plains, NY

Ridgeway School 4

Posted June 18, 2014
Facility is relatively old, but clean and well maintained. Very responsible teachers. The principal tries very hard to resolve conflicts among students and enforce safety disciplines. The curriculum is somewhat slow and class size is big. As a result, not enough attention is given to fast students to keep them engaged and motivated. Lunch is so-so quality.

Posted September 23, 2013
This is a great, wonderful and friendly school. I like the environment that they have for kids.

Posted June 08, 2013
This is a wonderful school with a real sense of community and the children and staff seem genuinely enthusiastic to be there. In White Plains there is a choice system where parents can decide which of the city schools they wish their children to attend. In our opinion this was the clear 'winner' for our child and several years on we are still delighted with our choice! The Principal is a terrific leader and she is rightly proud of her staff. The only drawback used to be the playground was a little old, but now they have just installed a lovely new one so even recess is a joy!

Posted May 01, 2012
My husband and I purchased a home in white plains before we had kids. After having kids, we spent a lot of time agonizing about whether this was the right district for us. Westchester had very good schools and some of them are the top in the nation. We always had our eyes on those schools and didn't have high expectations of Ridgeway. Since actually sending 2 kids and comparing the actual work they do to what their cousins who go to the "top" schools in NJ, I've been very pleased. Ridgeway education seems to be more advanced and the district has far more services. I don't have friends in other Westchester school districts so I unfortunately can't compare experiences across Westchester schools - just against Ridgewood NJ, which by the way, the greatschools site rates higher. (you can't compare across states because the scoring bases are not the same) Additionally, when you look at Ridgeway NYS scores vs the "top" westchester schools by sub-group, they are the same. Unfortunately, the salient sub-group tends to be the ethnic division. Net net, what you get at Ridgeway is real-word diversity plus top a rate westchester education. Both my kids are flourishing.

Ridgeway School 1

Posted April 28, 2012
I had several children whom attended this school, one special needs and the other a straight A student. I found this school to be not at all what it seems. I would check this school out very, very carefully before placing my kids in this school. Be sure to speak to other parents and do your homework.

Posted April 12, 2012
Ridgeway School is an excellent place for children to learn! My children have thrived in this evironment with caring teachers and dynamic leadership from the principal.

Posted December 01, 2009
I went to Ridgeway and this is an amazing school. Everybody is extremely friendly.

Posted July 10, 2009
Ridgeway is a GREAT School!!! I have a child that has graduated from Ridgeway and one on his way to first grade... We have truly had a great experience with all the teachers and staff @ Ridgeway. My older daughter says that she is very grateful because her teachers prepared her so well for middle school (especially her fifth grade teacher :) It really made her transition and 1st year in middle school very easy... We have made lifetime friends with other students and parents and we feel blessed that we have been a part of such a great school!

Posted May 11, 2006
Great school, a good many caring teachers, and a wonderful focus on creating children who are proficient readers and lovers of the written word. This school also benefits greatly from an involved parent-base that makes Ridgeway a standout. Parents (present company included) eagerly pull together for assorted fundraisers, so the children who go there with an assortment of additional programs and extracurricular activities. In other words, Ridgeway truly becomes a home away from home where parents are encouraged to pitch in and share ideas to enhance the learning experience.

Posted June 15, 2005
Ridgeway Elementary school is one of the best elementary schools in New York state. The teachers and staff show great leadership and determination. The educational enviornment at Ridgeway is outstanding. The learning enviornment is is the best out of all the schools I attended. The legacy of Ridgeway would continue throughout many and many of years. My rating for Ridgeway is A+ all the way. I learned so much from my previous teachers. Thank you Ridgeway for making me the person I am today and teaching me the way of the world. As I say 'If you teach someone the right way at a young age they will follow the same path all the way through their life.' Thanks a bunch Ridgeway Elementary School.

Ridgeway School
225 Ridgeway, White Plains, NY  10605
(914) 422-2081
Last modified Ridgeway School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeway School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top