White Plains, NY

Posted September 14, 2014
Church Street is a very special community. The teachers are the best! They are enthusiastic, nurturing and always willing to go the extra mile. The PTA is so organized and makes everyone feel welcome. The principals take the time to know each student and are always visible and approachable. This is the greatest elementary school!!!!

Posted June 22, 2012
Church Street is arguably the best of the 5 local public elementary schools. Our new principal of 2 years has helped inject even more school spirit into the kids. I have two children and they have each had great teachers each step of the way - none exactly like the other, but excellent in their own way. The PTA is vibrant and active. As a school, we worked together to win a $10,000 prize beating out many schools in the county, not just district, in a huge show of support and a goal in mind. The focus on science & technology has definitely promoted my kids' interest in the subjects, and I'm happy to see them thriving as prolific readers AND writers. Favorite specials include music and art, and the opportunity to enrich their classroom education with hands on gardening, and butterfly study in the courtyard has made their class topics relevant to the children. Way to go Church Street!

Posted May 02, 2011
My oldest son has attended Church St school for 4 years and has had a wonderful experience. They challenge and encourage your child to perform well academically. I am currently satisfied with the results of my youngest son who is attending kindergarten as well. The staff is very nurturing and patient to new comers.

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted July 16, 2007

Posted May 31, 2007
I have two children in Church Street School this year. I am amazed to see how well they are doing. My Kindergarten has been lucky to have the best teacher in the whole world. When she went in she had no interest in the alphabet and had a very difficult time to sit still. Now she is able to sit and write her own book in Kindergarten spelling of course. She has also began reading picture books. She loves being with the teacher and classmates. My third grader is going well and have adjusted nicely. I believe the tracers and parents make a great team at church.

Posted March 23, 2007
In many ways is a great school. My son is been there since Kindergarden. I wish they had sports...they don't at all but I do understand is a small school so that is maybe why they don't have them. Most teachers are nice and Mr. DeChance is a good principal.

Posted September 18, 2006
Overall we are pleased, but are a little upset about the drop off as it appears that they only bring the kids half way to the building and now my son wants his mother to walk him into the building. He seems to enjoy the school and actually has homework. Overall the school looks good.

Posted July 21, 2005

Posted May 26, 2005
Great school. Good Environment for children. Great Leadership.

Church Street School
295 Church Street, White Plains, NY  10603
Last modified Church Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Church Street School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top