Posted May 01, 2014
GCA, both the high school and elementary school, was a wonderful experience for me. I attended the school for thirteen years and recently graduated with skills in and out of the class room that will be helpful to me for the rest of my life. GCA taught me morals, instilled strong values and gave me a sense of confidence and accomplishment that I doubt many other schools could achieve. Yes the school has it's goods and bads, as any other school does; however the environment, academics and teachers and students alike are all wonderful. To say GCA prepared me for college is an understatement. I go to the top liberal arts college in the country, with the 9th hardest ranked academics in the country, and I currently hold a 3.0 gpa. I was also one of very few students here who knew how to properly write an essay and a research paper before getting to college. GCA is certainly worth the money and it produces nothing short of excellence in its students. GCA has a 100% college acceptance and scholarship rate. It can't be beat!

Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel 3

Posted February 20, 2014
GCA has the potential to be a great school, but unfortunately, the administration does not have to vision to understand how to get there. The academics are good, but could be outstanding if there was a little better leadership. The biggest problem is the disorganization-which trickles down from leadership. There is also a few very "power hungry" types and frankly, demeaning young women is NOT the way to mold "positive, compassionate, confident" young women. In fact, it does the opposite. Overall, academically it is good. The school is dreadfully lacking in leadership and organization. They also need to employ other administration members who actually WANT the girls to succeed rather than set them up to fail. As a parent and a person who has worked in the "real world", splitting hairs over silly things to show power is not good for morale of any organization.

Posted August 12, 2013
As a recent graduate of GCA HS I can honestly say that the school had a great positive influence on all aspects of my education. GCA teaches its students to be compassionate, selfless and hard working. Academically the school challenges its students to strive to be better and brighter. To achieve this academic excellence among all students, teachers offer support and encouragement. Every teacher is willing to give extra time and effort for any student in need. Underclassmen even receive tutoring from upperclassmen in the National Honor Society if they need it! GCA students are also admitted to outstanding universities such as Carnegie Mellon, NYU, Boston College, Georgetown and many more! Academically, GCA exceeds any expectations and truly prepares its students for college. Out of all the schools in this area, GCA is the best investment. Everyone is involved in some activity or sport. Each student has an opportunity to shine! GCA has a community like no other. Each student can reach their full potential with the help of GCA's caring and efficient administration and staff! It's also in a great location & right near the train station and transcenter! Overall, GCA HS is outstanding!

Posted August 12, 2013
Going to GCA was one of the best decisions I ever made! The teachers are extremely caring and helpful. They really care for each and every student and make sure that they provide the resources needed to be successful. Besides being outstanding in academics, GCA provides many clubs and activities for EVERY student to be involved in. This helps make the transition to high school less stressful and provides the students with opportunities to grow closer as a community, as well as get involved in the community outside campus. GCA prepares its students not only for college, but the future. If I had not attended, I would not be the "confident woman and compassionate leader" that I am today. I would do anything to relive my years at GCA and strongly encourage everyone who is seeking a wonderful high school experience to attend!

Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel 2

Posted June 26, 2012
This school has changed so much! From a couple of years ago good counsel high school is nothing, they have teachers that do not lead up to the expectations and the girls all look sad and gloomy, the education has dropped and to be honest ever since sr. Carol left, gca has not been the same. I feel sorry for the girls and my daughter

Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel 1

Posted June 26, 2012
Good counsel is OKAY. From what it used to be, yeah of course it's not the same. The new principle is changing everything and it's turning into Preston. New teachers are inexperience and the teachers already there are slowly starting to crack. At most there is 1 or 2 steacher that cares about their students grades. They almost set you up to fail. I don't know about the middle school but I'd have you know the high school isn't a joy, they are unorganized and they do nothing at all about bullying. All they care about is money. Do your child and your wallet a favor and send them somewhere else,

Posted November 15, 2010
I disagree with the person who says the caliber of schools these children go to are substandard..These children are so gifted that many go to the Masters school,,several to regis, brunswick ,holy child ...etc...my son just started at iona prep H,S and has been performing extremely above average....The reason for it GCA is a prep school so all his writing classes and mathmatics are taught at HS level...the classes are small and the attention is high to each student...Send your child here you will be so pleased...

Posted March 02, 2010
I couldn't find any other school that would top this one. There is no doubt that GCS is the best!

Posted October 03, 2009
Caring high school with great teachers!

Posted June 17, 2009
I would not have changed my high school experience for another. Good Counsel Academy instilled many values and morals in me, and is was a great stepping stone to prepare for my time now, in Nursing school. The school has it's good and bads, like all other schools. However what stands out is how much this school reaches out and becomes family to you. I graduated with 86 'sisters' and tons of extended family through the faculty and staff.

Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel
52 N Broadway, White Plains, NY  10603
Last modified Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.