9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

It's all in the caring and as long as the teachers continue to show the students of how important they are, that's the incentive that we need as students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Going into High School is different from elementary and middle school so the adjustment will take some time to getting use too.

Develops character: Agree

We are judged by who we are not what we look like. We are given the chance that all students should receive and that is a great education because with out education our choices in life are very few. So we owe our opportunities to our teachers and parents who work together to make sure that we are provided with the best possible education.

I am currently a 9th. grader at the school. I was afraid to go to high school because of bulling issues in the past but at Stepinac I felt welcomed right away. The teachers work with you and honestly care about the students. You can tell a lot about a school when you feel comfortable enough to speak with the principal regarding any issues ( no one likes to visit the principals office. The teachers want you to excell so they offer their services to tutor you during the week. Being a minority had me a little concerned at first but the color of my skin has not been an issue, I am judged on my academics and the respect that I give the staff and the students. I commend the principal and the staff for going out of their way to make sure that we become successful in life and I thank them for not giving up on us. The staff understands that we have our days at times but the encouragement, commitment and dedication that we receive deserves a big grateful thank you. Thanks again, Brandonn Baez

As an alumni I can recommend Stepinac. It is a college prep school so keep that in mind. If your kid is hard working then you shouldn't have any issues. If you are looking for the school to fix your kid then you need some place else.

When we looked at high schools for my son, his middle school principal said "you never hear anything bad about Stepinac, take a look." We followed his advice and we are so happy we did. It is a wonderful school. The adminstration and teachers truly care for the boys. There is much less economic or social or race stratification than the typical high school. The rich, poor, jocks and nerds are all friends. If there are problems, the administration bends over backwards to correct. The Honor Program is great. The boys develop a real bond, like a sports team. There are a wide variety of AP courses. In Junior year, the Guidance Department's SAT prep is taught as a regular class. The Guidance Department has great connections and guides the boys to appropriate colleges with merit scholarships. Parent involvement is encourage. It's been a pleasure to be part of the Stepinac family.

Excellent foundation and college prep school...very happy with our first year---strong, well-rounded staff---open communication...great group of boys...

This wonder staff of caring teacher and they really want to help your child It a great school

Very good preparation for sat's and act's for college, considering its a catholic high school. Not many good solid catholic high schools around any more The principal is a solid leader, the monsignor shows signs of good religious leadership for the young men, the athletic department is solid, As a parent, I only have positive thngs to say about Stepinac, it may of had its pitfalls in the past, but NO MORE! My son has recvd a solid education, better than I expected and religious guidance as well. Not bad for a cathollic high school, keep up the good work Stepinac, I will be recommending this high school to many young men who want a decent and proper education and an athletic program. Continue to screen families who wqnt a solid academic curriculum,athletic and religious education for their sons.

Great school, loved it and received an excellent education. Great foundation for college and the 'real' world.

Last modified Archbishop Stepinac High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12