White Plains, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted September 13, 2014
I do not typically write reviews, but I felt compelled to write a review because of the profound impact this school has had on my daughter and my whole family. My daughter attended the Mohawk Country Day School and currently attends the summer camp. My daughter was in the 4's program and kindergarten class. She was a very shy and anxious child. From the very first day in speaking with the administrative staff to the present time, the staff members at Mohawk went above and beyond our expectations. The teachers listened to all of our concerns and worked with my daughter socially, emotionally and academically. The school is located on a 40 acre lot with the most beautiful country setting you could ever imagine. My wife and I were so pleased with the Mohawk school and the work they had done with my daughter we decided to enroll her into the summer camp. I truly don t know how to thank all of the people at Mohawk for all of their support and hard work they have provided us over the years.

Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter was in Mohawk's 3s program last year, attends their 4s now, and is enrolled in their Mini-K program for next year. I cannot wait for my other children to attend as well. I am over-the-moon in love with Mohawk's program. When my daughter began attending Mohawk, she was having minor separation issues. Her teachers were so amazing that she was waving me off after the first week. In the 3s, she was taken the farm regularly, played on different playgrounds (including MoTown!), was read to regularly, did science projects, socialized with many different children, attended a daily music class, and so much more. This year, she is thriving in the 4s. She goes to the farm regularly (weather permitting during this bitter winter), went apple picking, goes bike riding, attends music class daily, and science class, and she has done a wonderful program on the letters. I have found all of the teachers to be extremely thoughtful with their curriculum, and nurturing in their treatment of the children. Music class with Mr. B is unlike any other music program i've ever seen. My daughter has fun learning about the different composers and is proud to earn and hang their posters up.

Posted April 01, 2014
Both of my children attended Mohawk Country Day School for the 4s and words cannot express what a positive, warm and nurturing experience Mohawk was for them, as well as my husband and I. The children were not only nurtured by very experienced teachers but they were also challenged academically in a way that fully prepared them for Kindergarten. The teachers are patient and knowledgeable and there was always an open line of communication with them as well as the administrators. The music program is phenomenal! My kids can identify all of the classical composers and have fun doing it! The gym teacher is so much fun and managed to get my son to participate and enjoy sports with a sense of humor. They looked forward to going to school every day to spend time with the close friends they made there as well as see their teachers, go to the farm and play on the playgrounds.

Mohawk Country Day School 1

Posted November 08, 2013
Don't be fooled by the facilities...yes the grounds are nice, yes they appear warm at the interview but parent beware...the teachers are average and the farm and apple orchard are not used. My child would have been better off at a local pre-school versus driving 20 minutes here.

Posted June 03, 2013
My son attended Mohawk Country Day School for the 3s and 4s. It was nothing short of fantastic. He is a timid kid, not shy, just very cautious and the teachers were extremely patient with him - encouraging him to try new things, celebrating small achievements, keeping us informed of his strides and ultimately helping him become confident and extremely well-prepared for Kindergarten. My son benefited from classroom learning, daily music classes (that were not simply singalongs, but introduction to music theory as well), gym class every other day (he learned to throw a frisbee, hit a ball, kick a soccer ball correctly), outside recess on the expansive Mohawk campus (multiple playgrounds, ropes courses, farm, mini-train rides, hay rides, apple orchard) and special days where parents are invited to shadow their kids on their school days. It's not only the teachers and principle making this experience exceptional, it's the whole staff -- my son walks around and EVERYONE says hello to him by name -- the office staff, the maintenance staff and other teachers (ones he didn't have). This has, undoubtedly, fueled my son's confidence and we are extremely grateful!

Mohawk Country Day School 1

Posted March 01, 2013
My son attended Mohawk for both the two's and three's programs. I was very disappointed. I hear the four's is much better, but I don't know from experience. The two's is not stimulating AT ALL - you are better off taking Music Together or other classes. The three's was terrible, in fact his teacher was almost 30 minutes late every day (to a 3-hour class), they missed gym class often, they were not read to daily (as promised), and there was no organization or structure whatsoever. At best it was glorified babysitting. Mohawk has an AMAZING facility, which the kids in our class simply did not use. No use of the apple orchard, farm or five different playgrounds available. And when all of this was brought up to the administration they had NO idea that it was going on. There is no system of accountability for the teachers. There are some teachers that are fantastic, and really do a great job. But the one I had was AWOL. Buyer beware - if you actually care about what your child is doing and learning, you will see that the administration is resting on their laurels by letting the terrific facilities draw people in without backing it up by enforcing a curriculum.

Posted February 21, 2013
We love Mohawk. The principal, teachers and staff are wonderful. My son did nursery and is currently in pre-k. It's a great transition for him and he's learning so much in preparation for Kindergarten. He's become more independent and social. The campus is beautiful and the kids are exposed to so many different experiences because of their unique settings. My son has been exposed and loves classical music because of their wonderful music class. The classes are small and the kids receive lots of attention from everyone. I highly recommend.

Mohawk Country Day School
200 Old Tarrytown Road, White Plains, NY  10603
Last modified Mohawk Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Mohawk Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top