White Plains, NY

Posted January 20, 2015
The school is terrible. There teachers are inconsistent and do not help the children. There are two teachers that are amazing at teaching in the middle school. The kids are very inconsistent as well, they left my child out of everything. The rules are inconsistent, as a parent even I think that. My child was fine until winter came and she had a cold for the weekend because of the weather and the under dressed uniform. Their have been many complaints and there has been nothing done about it. Almost no activities. Pulling my child from this school and putting her in a more professional setting! So if you were thinking of sending your child here, I would rethink that if I were you.
2 people found this helpful

Good Counsel Academy Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2013
I agree with the previous posting. The school has experienced alot of turnover over the past few years. Teaching quality is inconsistent;Some teachers are excellent.Others are absolutely horrible. The Administration isn't actively removing those teachers who don't perform. As mentioned in a previous post, if your child is in the "gifted and talented" range then GCA might not be challenging enough for your child. The afterschool program is a joke, with a weak selection of offerings. On the other hand, the 8th graders all seemed to get into great hight schools this year (e.g. Hackley, Greenwich Academy, Ursuline, Masters, Convent of the Sacred Heart, Fordham Prep, Iona Prep).

Posted April 18, 2013
The reviews on here are old. This school has gone downhill jurastically over the past year with new leadership. One of my children has been attending for 8 years now. I would highly recommend going to another private school within the area that offers more programs and activities for your children. My children have been telling me about these crazy rules that are absolutely crazy. I a parent do not even agree with them. Please reconsider if you are sending your child to this school.

Posted June 14, 2011
I am so glad my children have gone to GCA for the past 7 yrs. GCA is blessed with a wonderful principal and intelligent, caring, kind and fun teachers. The class size is small (over 10, less than 20 mostly) and the kids get plenty of individual attention. The KG through 3rd grade classrooms in particular are somewhat small. But the campus is beautiful and quaint. Children who go there feel like part of a family. They have a Terrific music program. Sports program is good, but not exceptional. I saw that some reviewers mentioned that the parents felt the academic program was not challenging enough. My husband & I have been high performing students-valedictorians etc and have very successful careers. Based on my experience, I have to say, if your child is in the "gifted and talented" range then GCA might not be challenging enough for your child. But having been in G&T category before, I want my children to have a great learning experience, happy stress free childhood, have fun and really Enjoy learning and develop good friendships. Those requirements are more than met by GCA. Both my children are high performers and we couldn't be happier with GCA.

Good Counsel Academy Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2011
GCA is fantastic! It is also a great value! Solid academics, nurturing environment, and love of God make it a fantastic school. Both of my children are above grade level in their academics.

Posted May 12, 2011
GCA is a great school! All of the 8th graders this year got into their first choice high schools (e,g., Hackley, Rye Country Day, Convent of Sacret Heart in Greenwich, Fordham Prep, Masters, and Good Counsel High School).

Posted February 09, 2011
Good Counsel has been a wonderful experience for my daughter. She loves the school and the academics are outstanding. It is nice to know that there are affordable, high quality education in Westchester County.

Posted September 27, 2010
i don't recommend this school at all. i pulled my daughter out early on. She is now in high school and when she was applying, none of the kids from good counsel she had been in class with were candidates for the caliber of schools she applied for, ie hackley, marymount manhattan, sacred heart, etc. any public school is far superior to this "academy". save your money and look elsewhere. luckily, my other 2 children were spared from this school and are also doing well.

Good Counsel Academy Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2010
Good Counsel is a very good school. My son is doing very well. Compared to other schools in the area they are about 3-4 months ahead of other children. the teachers are wonderful and very helpful.

Posted February 21, 2010
this school is excellent- i had a great experience teaching AND GOING TO THIS MAGNIFICENT SCHOOL!

Good Counsel Academy Elementary School
52 North Broadway, White Plains, NY  10603
Last modified Good Counsel Academy Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Good Counsel Academy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top