Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

My child has been getting bullied on the bus by the same children for 3 years! Amazingly the staff, guidance, and principals unfortunately haven't done much about it. I really think they should do a little more about worrying about the bigger things, then from the little things.

Not great because the amount of bullying that goes around, it's not like the staff doesn't do anything, it's just that they don't do enough. It's frustrating because it take them until they get a call about someone getting physically hurt in order to act upon the bullying, but by the time they do that the damage is already done to the student. As in the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me", that phrase isn't the same for everyone, for some kids, WORDS actually hurt more than being physically hurt. The mind is a complicated place and can replay those words inside a persons mind. This can also cause depression. As deep and upsetting as this sounds, depression can lead to hurting ones self or in the worst case scenarios, suicide. I absolutely know this is a long paragraph to put on the review sections but I believe who ever reads this wil definitely know where I'm coming from as a student in MWMS.

A teacher insulted my childs intelligence (it seems this was common, esp. for boys). when I complained, the teacher deliberately miss-graded my child for 2 quarters, we reported the teacher to the school board but the teacher is still there. This teacher also said my child was lying & we took his word at first. As it turned, the teacher was lying, withholding the passing grades & telling us they were failing grades. The teachers 2 friends (other teachers) harassed my child (made my child sit in the back of the class upon entering the classroom, etc.).

Monroe Woodbury is an amazing school. When I just started here as a 6th grader, I was treated with respect and treated as if I was as a young adult, not some little kid. Like all the other schools in the district, the academics are amazing, the lunch menu is decent and edible, the staff and students are kind and respectful, and the extra curricular programs are simply fantastic. My teachers have been kind, supportive and excellent. The motto is 'Respect and Responsibility' and I think the staff have taught us that exactly. I am truly proud to be a Crusader.

We moved to the Monroe Woodbury district for the gifted and talented program. The district is very supportive of gifted education, and the GT director is amazing.. My son was able to accelerate through the math curriculum with the administration and GT program support. He completed 6 years of math in middle school and will start HS in the precalculus honors program. Everyone has been very supportive.

I must say I was apprehensive in the beginning of the year. My son was transitioning from a catholic school and I wasn't sure how he was going to adjust. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. The faculty is amazing! The curriculum was on target and the amount of help that is available to the student is great.

The school administration, teachers and academics is great; however, the amount of bullying that goes on is horrifying! Not intended for children that thrive in more intimate school environments.

The worst mistake I ever made for my children was leaving this school district! It's the best! Accademics and support teams from s.e., nurses, teachers and all!! We miss you!

I'm a student at Monroe-Woodbury and this school has given me opportunites I wouldn't have had if I still remained in my old private school. This school has a very efficient system and the food is not the bad. The teachers are very nice and amazing( especially Mrs. Rostawanik and Mr. Reimer).

Monroe Woodbury Middle School is amazing. It gave me the best 3 years of my life. The great teachers and wonderful freinds, it was an unforgettable experience. This school has the best teachers, rooms and for the 6th graders coming into this new school, they will feel right at home and will have no difficulty finding their way through the school. Thet staff make each student feel special and give them the attention they need!

Last modified Monroe Woodbury Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.