Ps 97 Forest Park 2

Posted August 11, 2013
This schools is not what I expected. I'm very disappointed about the student to teacher ratio. My daughter was in a class of 32 students last year and only one teacher and no teacher assistant. The children have no recess which is fundamental for a childs developmental milestone. There are only two aids in the cafeteria for the children and a lot of bullying goes around. Many teachers have no patience with the students and there is a lot of screaming. There is favoritism amoungst some teachers to students and some students believe that their teachers hate them. The DOE should be more on top of schools like this.

Posted June 28, 2012
I am a very happy parent because this has been my first year and I am very happy with this school and my son grades, he did very well and this school has a lot to offer the kids, we have a very good principal and vice principal. The parent coordinator Mrs Joseph is wonderful she help the parents and give them the information they need. My son kindergarten teacher Mrs. Sylvia Doreste is one of the best teacher, she been there very long and she is great with the kids. The school gives lots of workshop for the parents so there can help they kids improve in there grades. Ps 97 is in a wonderful community which I am very proud off.

Posted April 28, 2012
Im very happy with school. Mrs Joseph -Parents/Teacher coordinator is excellent, Mrs Doreste teacher of my son in Kindergarten is GREAT.She works there for 25 years. Other teachers are very good too. My son passed Gifted and Talented test but I did not change school due to the fact that school is the best in district 27. Love this place. A lot of activities for children and a lot of workshops for parents :)

Posted February 09, 2012
I graduated June 28,1949, I had some good days and bad days, but I really liked school. I still am friends with a school mate. Would like to get in touch with many more. Hope to hear from you. Be well and Be safe.

Posted November 17, 2011
I attended P.S. 97 grades 2 - 8 from 1945 - 1952 and have many fond memories, especially of the Forest Park outings in 5th grade. It was feared that I would just wander off if not closely watched, so my favorite girl friend was assigned to hold my hand at all times.

Posted October 21, 2011
Interesting My 2 borthers my sister and myself went to PS-97 from 1958 -1966 I went on to highschool in 1963 and the army in 1968 ( VIETNAM WAR ) but saw no action Followed by my brother and sister in 1964 and 1966 WOW it has changed since we went there it went from grade 6 to grade 8 in those days VERY GOOD school we are all nrea retirement after working 45 years we are rich but everyone cant be .... A good place to get a start in life .... lots of memories ...

Posted February 09, 2011
My first child attendent this school back in the late 1990's and I now have 8 year old second graders attending. Ms. Ingram is a very dedicated and involved principal. The Parent/Teacher Coordinator, Mrs. Joseph is amazing and constantly updating us on events and progress. The teachers are not there just for a paycheck, but show personal interest in each of their students. This school has evolved and improved inmensely over the years and has become one of the best schools in the district.

Posted January 30, 2011
I LOVE this school sonce iwas little my name is Karla Jacome Ms.greene if you read this know that i miss you and i hope to see you soon i always remeber all the times : )

Posted May 09, 2010
This school is a wonderful school. They grow beutiful minds

Ps 97 Forest Park 3

Posted March 06, 2010

Ps 97 Forest Park
85-52 85th St, Woodhaven, NY  11421
Last modified Ps 97 Forest Park is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 97 Forest Park Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top