St. Thomas the Apostle

Private | PK-8 | 151 students

Living in Woodhaven

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $350,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,440.

Sweep tile

Posted June 23, 2011

The last day of school and my little one is sad. She so loved her teachers, principal and teacher aides that she will miss them she told me. Thank you to the wonderful 2 women in the Office who are always ready to help you and Miss Q who is always available to parents and kids alike. Have a great summer!

Posted June 22, 2011

Another wonderful year! Thank you to all the dedicated teachers and aides. who care so much for our children. Under the caring and forward thinking principal, Miss Quinn, St. Thomas is the school for everyone! Spread the word.

Posted April 20, 2010

I always wanted my chid to attend St. Thomas because of good reviews from former alumni. Unfortunately, after experiencing first hand, the safety of the children is defenitely not a priority. With the exception of 2 teachers and 2 aids, the rest of the staff leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted December 11, 2008

I am a mom to a second grader, he has been going to St. Thomas since Pre-K. My husband went there as a child, and we expect our two year old to attend in the future. While the tuition, as with all Catholic schools, is somewhat expensive, I cannot say enough about the great teachers and volunteers at this school. I recommend this school to anyone interested in having their child receive a great education while also learning social skills in a safe, stable and secure environment.

Posted May 6, 2006

I am a former STA student.I an now attending Archibishop Molloy High School and STA greatly helped me develop the strong academic background and social skills which help me stand out as a one of the top students in my class.Thank's STA!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 10, 2006

My grandson attends STA's nursery program. This program was experimental this year and I am very please with the results. The teacher and aid are very patient and caring of the children and the three year olds are learning alot.

Posted January 29, 2004

My child attended St. Thomas from Pre-K through to 4th grade. I feel that the school is excellent for average-abilitied students, but lacks the resources for 'slow learners' or gifted learners. Although they try, the remediation or acceleration programs are haphazard and inconsistent.

Posted September 9, 2003

My son has been going to St. Thomas for three years and my daughter just began this year. I find St. Thomas to offer a very high quality in teaching. I saw a difference in my son the second week he started in this school. The teachers are not only completely dedicated but they are versatile when it comes to meeting with parents and discussing our children. My kids love going to St. Thomas and I feel totally at ease knowing that they are being taught by St. Thomas teachers.

Asian 7% N/A
Two or more races 4% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 3% N/A
Asian N/A 6%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Cathleen Quinn
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

87-49 87th St