Woodmere, NY

Posted June 11, 2015
Very unaccomadating, Staff cold. Administration unprofessional with attitudes. Much better schools for the price. School went downhill.

Lawrence Woodmere Academy 3

Posted February 23, 2015
School is ok but at the end of the day it's all about the money. Just pray to God all goes well when your child is there. Right after starting this school my spouse got really sick and our income changed significantly. This school found nothing wrong with ultimately asking that my child do not return and I contact my school district. This was a few months before the end of the school year. Crazy!!!

Posted September 11, 2014
I am unhappy stundet who ythink mi skool is rasist AF. Just becuza I am wite kids think it is funnnie that I cannott raid or writ at all! It is not funnie! Even thah tasheers make fun of meh and IT IS NOT FUIUNNIIE@! I will one daye be a loyer and soo this skool fir hireassment! Not ohkay

Lawrence Woodmere Academy 2

Posted April 14, 2014
This school is terrible. End of story. I've been ignored, treated differently just because of race. Teachers favorite students who have been there since day one. The school is seriously small.. Sometimes less than twenty students a grade. The head master does not do too much. If you do plan on attending, good luck! Lawrence Woodmere Academy is social suicide. Everybody hangs out in a group without socializing with the others. The teachers never see potential, their expectations were way too high.
2 people found this helpful

Lawrence Woodmere Academy 5

Posted April 02, 2014
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Every child is a star at this school. The class sizes are small and there is an opportunity to succeed in drama, sports, music and academics. with no judgment nor social issues and drama like public school

Posted October 02, 2013
this school is ridiculous too many cliques and rude teachers . its a disgrace to everyone I hated this school with a passion and I hope that school changes . I also hope children in that school will learn how to care and have much respect for others , if your child is unique and is very open minded this school isn't for them , don't let the visits fool you like they fooled me. I really HATE this school :)
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 01, 2013
The school should work on diversity in terms of teachers. There are cliques with the students and teachers. You notice it immediately. Same kids will always be featured in photos, lead in plays, etc.. Your child will have to be strong to survive here. If you have an issue in the middle school, do not expect to get help. The head of the middle school is very unsympathetic and uncaring.
3 people found this helpful

Lawrence Woodmere Academy 2

Posted December 16, 2010
It saddens me to hear about unscrupulous board of directors and administrators at LWA. When I graduated from this school, it was not outstanding, but still a good school. That has changed a lot. Parents to whom I recommended LWA, complain about teacher and program cuts earlier this year without warning to the best teachers. The hardest bit to hear is how the school jacked up fees on rising 11th and 12th graders with set price scholarship contracts for the 4 years. This effectively pushed these students out of LWA in the critical years before college, leaving them hanging, scrambling back to public school. The board knew this would happen. It didn't care. The school breached its contract and acted irresponsibly. I am surprised parents have not sued. They should. Its unscrupulous and immoral to offer scholarships and then act so underhandedly. Shame on you.

Posted September 16, 2009
LWA is a wonderful independent school that encourages students to grow and learn in a safe and exciting enviornment.

Posted May 28, 2009
My son goes to school at LWA and I like it very much. Individual needs are taken care of. The classes are small and the teachers are dedicated. It is expensive, but I feel worth it. There is always room for improvement, but I'd give the school an A-.

336 Woodmere Boulevard, Woodmere, NY  11598
Last modified Lawrence Woodmere Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top