Posted October 26, 2013
Hey this school is the BEST elementary school ever. I graduated from this school 2 years ago. The staff was very nice and I made some of my best friends there. I don't regret going here.

Ps 152 Gwendolyn N Alleyne School 1

Posted April 02, 2013
This school has its ups and downs. Both my kids have attended this school and upto the 3rd grade they are in good shape but once they start hitting the higher grades is when the trouble starts and i have recently discovered that the teachers weren't aware that the reading levels in the books they use were "off" some teachers even going as far as stating other teachers in lower grades don't know what they are doing. There are others that just belittle you and think they can automatically disregard you. Its hard because there are some really good teachers there that i am sure are forced to do things they don't enjoy and honestly i think this is one of those schools that paint a better picture of the school than what it really is.

Posted February 11, 2013
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!! The best teachers for me are the 3rd grade \teacher mrs.cirella and a fourth grade teacher ms.cheug im recently in 4th grade i never wanna leave

Posted February 07, 2013
Its a good school.My son was a student of Ms Sharma and Ms Lopez. They are wonderful teachers. Their way of handling kids are different but my son was so happy. We as parents owe them a lot for boosting our son's confidence and ability. The test preparation methods are excellent .But the school should put the better academic kids in separate honors classes like before. With the average students in the same class they hardly get a chance to improve more.The authority should think about it.

Posted January 08, 2013
Proabably, I am going to graduate this year from PS 152. I just love this school and the teachers that I had. They are the best and most of all the kindest. The school gives a lot of test prep for the NYS Test. Just Awesome!

Posted October 07, 2012
Hi, I just recently graduated in 2007 and I love the school since I was not a fluent English speaker because it was not my first language , my Kindergarten teacher Mrs.Sharma helped me a lot to improve my English. Also, she helped me become an independent young women I am right now. She is a dedicated hardworking teacher who helped me a lot and now I speak fluent English. Thank You Ms.Sharma !!!

Ps 152 Gwendolyn N Alleyne School 3

Posted April 19, 2012
I would be unable to rate teh school today, because I attended First grade in 1948. (There was no pre k then. I have fairly good memories, tho. I do remember the wooden floors, my name on a card, stuffing easter bunnies, playing a triangle on stage. Seemed an ok school to me. I was 5. I dont remember any lessons in reading, tho, which gave me a challenge when I moved to Miami in 1949. I do remember a 7 year old girl. "Boy, was she old" I remember thinking. ...another thing...my teacher sent me to the bathroom 3 times to wash my face (She didnt realize it was a birthmark). Children were well behaved. Must have been 40 in the class.

Ps 152 Gwendolyn N Alleyne School 1

Posted May 16, 2011
Unfriendly and unprofessional staff. The teachers don't have as much control over the children as they should, and they don't seem to know how to deal with them to address certain problem. The parent teacher communication is minimal. They isolate the children that are classified as "trouble makers" without talking and trying to reason with them first or notifying the parents. As a parent i visited this school 4 times during the school year and each time witnessed rude, inappropriate yelling at the children without apparent reason. There are street vendors of cotton candy and ice cream in front of the school doors every day during the pick up time.

Posted May 09, 2011
Great teachers, that's the most important aspect for me. I wish the office staff was more friendly and competent. Every time I'm at the school, it is calm and welcoming.

Posted June 13, 2010
my daughter has been going to this school since 2nd grade and this is the school i reccomend to your children too. this is the best elementry school in ny in my opinion.

Ps 152 Gwendolyn N Alleyne School
33-52 62nd St, Woodside, NY  11377
Last modified Ps 152 Gwendolyn N Alleyne School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 152 Gwendolyn N Alleyne School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top