PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

My review is not for the education side of this school. In that, the other reviews are correct in saying this school is top notch for educational programs. However my daughter attending this school can go down as one of the worst decisions I ever made. When she was three she attended a half day preschool. She loved it and the teachers loved her, however once she turned four I wanted to better prepare her for kindergarten and found St. Judes programs to be amazing. It wasnt long before we discovered that the personal side of this school however was lacking. Her teachers were not nice. I honestly do not know why they went into teaching. My daughter who previously loved school soon began fighting me every morning. She would cling to me, cry, and refuse to let me leave. This was very unusaul for my daughter. Who was always very bubbly and filled with laughter. When I brought it up to the teachers I was told my daughter was unrulely and had issues, though they were unclear what those issues were, and gave no suggestions on how to improve. Finally the last draw was when my daughter had an accident at school and she was forced to stand there in her wet clothes until I got there (And I work 40 mins away) despite the fact that she had clothes in her backpack for such an emergency. My daughters self esteem (even at this young of age) was crushed. She to this day is distrustful of teachers and very weary of doing anything that might embarrass herself. When I went to the main office and told them I was pulling her from the school because of this they offered no apology. On top of all that after a week of starting at a new preschool, the owner pulled me aside and stated St. Judes had called them to warn them of my daughter and how I wouldnt pay them and they would be out money. Thankfully her new preschool took very little stock in this as I had made every payment on time and my daughter as they described her was "shy and loveable". Perhaps this school works for some. Certainly some teachers are better then others in any school. But this school left a very bad taste in my mouth and I would never recommend it to anyone. I apologize if there is any spelling/grammer errors in this. Its a product of typing fast while thinking of a subject that still upsets me.

Sending my children to St. Jude was by far the best investment that we've made. The school is capable of successfully developing students' gifts, whether learning disabled, average, or gifted. The faculty and staff are extraordinary. All students are taught responsibility, accountability, and kindness. We transferred our child from public school to St. Jude and will never look back.

I was very excited to send my son to preschool here after reading some very positive reviews about the program and I thought it would be a great opportunity for my son to prepare for kindergarten. He had always done very well in daycare in the past and loved his teachers. Much to my disappointment, I had to pull my little boy out of this program after only a couple of months. From what I could tell, my son was singled out on pretty much a daily basis. His teacher could never come up with anything positive to say about him and she was not able to offer us any suggestions on how to improve the situation. This all occurred several months ago and, obviously, I wasn't there with him during the day to know exactly what was going on. All ll I know for certain is that my son continues to be very upset by the experience. In order to keep my review printable, I will take a deep breath and stop typing now.

I have two children enrolled at St Jude the Apostle. My daughter has been a student for 5 years, and it is my sons first year. The education is unparalleled. From Pre-k to grade 6 the children receive spanish, library, music, gym, in addition to their 'regular' subjects. They have the opportunity to join the choir, band, or take piano lessons. The family/ parents are encouraged to be involved. The entire school atmosphere is family oriented. The safety protocals that are in place make any parent feel comfortable, including; the locked front doors, the cameras at every entrance, the flow of traffic in the parking lot, the loading and unloading of buses, the fact that everyone at the school knows one another, and the fact that the school is set back in the neighborhood, so as to remain private. The principal is personally involved with every student and family. Morals, kindness.

Last modified St Jude The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6