Posted April 03, 2014
From pre k on this school has been nothing but Amazing My daughter is in 2nd grade and is reading above grade level, getting 3 and 4s every semester, I am so happy with the Principle and the teachers keep up the great work.And they also have a great PTA.

Posted April 02, 2014
Dr. Banks-Williams is an amazing principal who shows dedication to her students, their families and teachers. My children love going to school each day. The teachers are truly gifted and nurturing. This was by far the best educational choice made for my children for elementary school.

Posted October 15, 2013
My children have thrived in this school. The teachers are dedicated and excellent role models. It is a warm atmosphere with a small school feeling. There is plenty of parent involvement with a strong PTA. I wish the school continued to 8th grade.

Posted September 18, 2013
I am pleased with the work and play atmosphere, the family involvement, and the child developement. I have never seen such community spirit and committment to the betterment of each child. We are happy to be involved.

Montessori School 31 3

Posted May 27, 2012
I am happy with the Montessori learning,My childrens are doing well and reading above theirs grade levels. My concern is that since 2009 I see the school state test scores going down. I really hope Montessori 31 can pull up their state test scores levels back up. If not they will have to take a good look and see what went wrong and fix the problems.

Posted April 02, 2010
I am very happy with this school. I am pleased with my childs progress and the way that he is taught. I love the Montessori way and highly recommend this school.

Posted July 01, 2009
I sent my child to Montessori School 31 for prek and k and I felt that my child excelled in these classes. However, the school does need improvements in the higher grades. They need to bring in more qualified teachers that can teach the upper classes; so, the children could have a good education which is lacking at this time. I did hear that the school will be going through changes in September with a new administration. I would hate to see the school not improve. They do have some great teachers that give their time to the children.

Montessori School 31 0

Posted October 26, 2008
Do not send your child to this school!! The problems with the non-teaching staff are too great to numerate. The principal does not understand the younger children

Posted July 30, 2008

Posted April 09, 2008
This school used to be rated as an 8 by great schools and was downgraded to a 4 based on one years bad exam results. Makes no sense to me. Out son has flourished in this school. Teachers are very committed. The school appears to use a 'hybrid' Montessori system with a focus on the 3 Rs over and above the creativity and independence instilled by the Montessori system. Our son used to go to a Montessori private school. When he recently attended a kids birthday from that school I was able to observe that he was way ahead of those kids. All in all, a great school.

Montessori School 31
7 Ravenswood Road, Yonkers, NY  10710
Last modified Montessori School 31 is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori School 31 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top