Yonkers, NY

Posted June 09, 2014
Paideia School 15 is an amazing school! I have two children that go to this school, (which transferred from private school), and this school has over exceeded my expectations. The principal and assistant principal are always easily available to address parental and pupil s concerns. The teachers that have taught my children thus far have been exceptional to say the least! The PTA works really hard at trying to get all parents involved in school functions. This school is a low key gem in Crestwood!

Posted April 22, 2014
I like Paideia School 15. I think it has come a long way in the last couple of years. Most teachers are very dedicated to their students and willing to go that extra mile to make sure the students succeeded.

Posted October 09, 2013
We are satisfied with the education that our son is receiving at Paideia School 15. My son is doing well and likes going to school. ALL of his teachers have been extremely competent, hard-working, and personable. The "class parents" keep us informed of important things that are going on and help us participate to the extent we can (both my husband and I work full-time.) Although the principal is more articulate and organized than the previous principal, we have not found him to be particularly helpful when we have interacted with him. In fact, we find him quite defensive if you question him (wonder what he's like if you actually disagree with him?) He clearly is used to dealing with children and teachers who do not question him. We avoid interacting with him unless absolutely necessary. The Assistant Principal, on the other hand, was very helpful. Unfortunately, she transferred to another school. Participating in the PTA is difficult. I volunteered to help numerous times with PTA projects and was never contacted. Other parents mentioned the same experience. I've just directed this energy to helping out my son's class parents instead.

Posted September 28, 2013
My son is in the 8th grade this year. He has been in PS 15 since Pre-K. What I see in this school is, under the new principal's leadership, this school has improved a great deal; either on administration or academically. The 7th grade Science teacher for the year 2012-2013 is strict but inspiring. He deserves a 5 star rating. The 6th grade social study teacher for the year 2011-2012 is also an excellent teacher. My son likes to watch History channel is because of him. There is still a lot of room for improvement in Math, what about more take home assignments and a review test every week. This is my son's last year in PS 15, I am sure when he enter high school, he will remember all the nice things this school has offered him.

Posted October 28, 2012
This is an amazing school with a strong PTA. They are extremely important to our school and parents need to support it. This is a well run school with a wonderful administration. Children understand that rules need to be obeyed, work needs to get done, and fun can be had by all. Parents really help shape a school. This is a perfect example.

Paideia School 15 3

Posted June 29, 2012
My daughter has been in this school for 3 years. The teaching staff is wonderful. They have done a wonderul job given the budget cuts they face each year. There is a wonderful contingent of parents in this school. The parents are extremely involved and and have been a large part of my family's positive experience. The principal has just completed his second year at the school. He has been making strides in increasing test scores and also working with a reduced budget.

Posted April 11, 2012
My 7 year old has attended Paideia School 15 for 3 years now. I think the teachers that she has had for the past 3 years have all been amazing. The parents work together so well and support the school 100%, the PTA is very hard working and the Principal is doing everything he can to elevate test scores. The teachers and aides are wonderful! I could not be any happier with my decision to send my children to Paideia School 15!

Posted March 06, 2012
This is an excellent school for all kids. The teachers are great in the older grades, but not that good in the lower grades. The teachers (in lower grades) there are useless and have there favorite, so useless you are a favorite you won't get much attention. However, the teachers in the older grades are wonderful and help students with every need. The principal of the school tries to get the kids excited, but does a bad job doing so.

Posted April 27, 2010
I love the school. My son is a spacial ed class and he is getting all the help he needs.

Posted January 03, 2010

Paideia School 15
175 Westchester Avenue, Yonkers, NY  10707
Last modified Paideia School 15 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paideia School 15 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top