Yonkers, NY

Posted April 01, 2015
I'm aware there are good schools and bad schools but what I know about Gordon HS is revolting to see how people are putting it down. If your child is lazy and does not want to do, the teachers will be annoyed and frustrated. My son has been attending Gordon and is graduating this year. He is an honor student, has about 12 college credits, is in the medical magnet where he's taking EMT certification while staying on the principal honor list. He's been accepted by 5 colleges with scholarship for some in the $16,000/each. When there are parent meetings, you do not see the parents of the students who are struggling.

Gorton High School 1

Posted November 13, 2014
Gorton is a horrible school and has been for the past twenty years. It seems to be getting worse and worse. The teachers are lazy and rude. They show lack of respect towards students. The students are nasty, there is a lot of bullying and fights. No one pays attention in class - it is hard to learn because kids distract the students who care about their education. Some kids can't read or solve simple math problems. Its really sad. Gorton is dirty and horrible. Wish I could go to Yonkers or Saunders.

Posted July 25, 2013
gorton is/ was a great school i went there for now offically 4 years now gorton could have a better special ed chair and better teacher not all teachers are bad but most like hurting students feelings

Posted October 08, 2011
Gorton was a great school when I went but sadly due to the horrible run Yonkers Education System, Gorton does not receive, lets say "talented students" anymore, like Yonkers High School and maybe Saunders receive. The last great freshman class came in the Fall of 2003, the school and administration has gotten worse each year. The teachers are truly great and invest a lot of time into children they believe will have bright futures. If you are a student that goes to Gorton and want to do something with your life, I suggest talking to the head of the medical magnet department.

Posted September 22, 2009
This was a great school, it really served it's purpose to help raise me outside my home and mold me into the young man I am today and the man I will be when I get out into the world. I am currently attending school at the College of Westchester and I believe if it were not for the faculty and teachers at Gorton I would not even be alive, let alone on the path I am today.

Gorton High School

Posted August 13, 2008
this school is not so good students get into illegal fights its unsafe but the classes and teachers are good and fun for some students

Posted January 17, 2008
its a great school and has alot of extracurricular activities. the teachers care alot

Posted May 26, 2005
okay school but still needs alot of work.

Gorton High School
100 Shonnard Place, Yonkers, NY  10703
Last modified Gorton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gorton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top