Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

All my children go to this school. #1, teachers really care. #2, students really are engaged to the teaching. We've had great teachers up to this point, so we hope it continues. As in any school, your make up of the school is the surrounding area. All indications are this administration is vigilant about who attends this school so as to weed out the bad apples. I am grateful for that. Are there things to improve on? Sure. It's a school taught by imperfect teachers and run by imperfect people. But the administration is responsive and parents feel in the loop. Love this school. The principal takes a lot of pride of craft, and that is very evident.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are the motor that keeps the school going . I believe that at this school they never stop working . They are always available . They have morivated my son on a way that no other schools or teachers were able . The teachers and the school to me are a whole department of education within the school. There is no need to call or visit the Board of education at this school the principal ,assistant principals , the teachers and their support team are able to help you , guide you without any outside interference .

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son an example of the school values ,principal and determination . The school teach the student to respect each other, it teach them to be honest . How to become a respectful member of society and how to treat people equal.

It is more than a school , it is a family! "The school goes up mountains for the students not to climb hills"

Our daughters transferred to this school in 9th and 6th grade. Since that time our eldest has graduated and is attending an Ivy League College and our youngest is in the top 10 of her class . The support and nurture have been tremendous. This environment is close knitted and comforting. We couldn't have done any better for our girls than enrolling them at YMA.

This is an ok school if you like the Montessori way. Some teachers are really useless and cannot handle having 3 grades in the same classroom. (This is only up to 6th grade) others are better. They are extremely inconsistent with security-sometimes you can't get in without id, Even if the staff know u, other times you can go wherever u like with no one asking for anything. Like another reviewer said if you want a big push for academic excellence another school may be better-I am moving my child out. I did not want my 8 year old daughter in a room with 11/12 year olds! They are getting old so young these days.

This school has changed my son to the better. Teachers are caring, always smiling....willing to help.

I've Been a Student at Yonkers Montessori Academy for 12yrs & This School is GREAT! I've Become The Person I Am Today Based On hat All The Great Teachers Have Done For Me. This School Has Many Different Learning Opprotunities Durning & After School Hours. They Have Intercession Which is a Trip Taken By Students Accompanied By teachers,parents or staff members & they go & Learn Things About The Area/Place They Went To It Is a Very Exciting & Fun Trip . YMA Is More than a school we are More like an extended family. We are a community & we do as much as we can for any & everyone. We are the Eagels !!

Just a little over a week here for my 4 year old in pre-k and he loves it. the teacher is very sweet and attentive and it seems like a great place for him at this stage.

I attend this school since last year when i had enrolled to Yonkers Montessori Academy for 7th grade. I am now going to 8th grade and i gotta say its an amazing school. This school has great programs that your child might love. 7th and 8th grade might not have that much as the elementary and high school but the rallys we have are great. The events too. You and your child(s) will love it here for sure. The teachers and staff are really kind.

Last modified Yonkers Montessori Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.