Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted June 08, 2016
All my children go to this school. #1, teachers really care. #2, students really are engaged to the teaching. We've had great teachers up to this point, so we hope it continues. As in any school, your make up of the school is the surrounding area. All indications are this administration is vigilant about who attends this school so as to weed out the bad apples. I am grateful for that. Are there things to improve on? Sure. It's a school taught by imperfect teachers and run by imperfect people. But the administration is responsive and parents feel in the loop. Love this school. The principal takes a lot of pride of craft, and that is very evident.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Yes, all the teachers that have been there for my son Jorell since day one and are always there for us parent whenever we need them . Thanks for helping me and my son believe in the education system again . Thanks to you teachers there will be a better world for my son.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 24, 2016
The teachers are the motor that keeps the school going . I believe that at this school they never stop working . They are always available . They have morivated my son on a way that no other schools or teachers were able . The teachers and the school to me are a whole department of education within the school. There is no need to call or visit the Board of education at this school the principal ,assistant principals , the teachers and their support team are able to help you , guide you without any outside interference .

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
Yes, constantly ,the teachers determination to help the student improve is upstanding . The dEtermination and persistent of the teachers at the school have made a positive change in my son education .

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
From the moment you enter the school to the time of your departure while visiting all uou get is respect .

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
On an every day basis . Over the years of my son being at the school , I have come to realize that the school has helped to keep the value that we as family teach at home at school in every aspect of my son's life.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
My son an example of the school values ,principal and determination . The school teach the student to respect each other, it teach them to be honest . How to become a respectful member of society and how to treat people equal.

Posted May 24, 2016
It is more than a school , it is a family! "The school goes up mountains for the students not to climb hills"

Posted September 21, 2015
Our daughters transferred to this school in 9th and 6th grade. Since that time our eldest has graduated and is attending an Ivy League College and our youngest is in the top 10 of her class . The support and nurture have been tremendous. This environment is close knitted and comforting. We couldn't have done any better for our girls than enrolling them at YMA.

Yonkers Montessori Academy 2

Posted July 18, 2014
This is an ok school if you like the Montessori way. Some teachers are really useless and cannot handle having 3 grades in the same classroom. (This is only up to 6th grade) others are better. They are extremely inconsistent with security-sometimes you can't get in without id, Even if the staff know u, other times you can go wherever u like with no one asking for anything. Like another reviewer said if you want a big push for academic excellence another school may be better-I am moving my child out. I did not want my 8 year old daughter in a room with 11/12 year olds! They are getting old so young these days.

160 Woodlawn Avenue, Yonkers, NY  10704
Last modified Yonkers Montessori Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.