Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers work as hard as they can in whatever resources they've been given (which aren't alot) and I respect their hardwork.

My son has been in this school since Pre-K and is now entering 2nd grade and I am superbly pleased with this school. If it wasn't for the PTA though this school would not have any activities and it is sad that very few parents dedicate their time, money, or anything else and all functions are on the shoulders of the 5-6 moms that are actually PTA board members. Yonkers schools don't get any government funding and I think a lot of parents think school facilities are covered by the city - NOT TRUE! The PTA moms work (without pay) on top of every thing else they do to make sure the children enjoy their school experience. So this school is the best because of the principal, teachers, students and the PTA who bust their hump every year to ensure the school flourishes!!!!

Everything they do and or send out is always last minute. This can be very stressful for a working parent because one has to make or find last minute arrangements. The office staff needs to improve their customer service skills. The lady in the front always has an attitude and when you talk to her rarely gives you eye contact. This school definitely needs a lot of improvement.

I love this school! My daughter has attended ps 14 for 3 years now and it has been the best school any of my children have attended. The staff is great and the teachers and principal are all awesome. The staff truly cares for each and every student. Mr Berstein has been a blessing to my daughters life.

My son is just starting this school. But I also know 2 administrators in this system that have given this school great accolades. I will certainky update when I get to know the staff and regimen better.

Was also nervous about sending my daughter to Siragusa, but our time here has been great, she loves school and i am so happy with her performance in the few months she has been here..the teachers are wonderful..

My two daughters go to this school and they really like the school. I am also satisfied. One of my daughter is in 4th and another one is in 2nd grade. They both are attending this school since Pre K. The teachers are very carring and responsible.

This is a wonderful school..I was both a student and an employee and my children will be going here when they start pre-k. It;s safe, clean and the teachers are so into what they do and treat the children with love. It's easy to say that the people who work there are rude, but sometimes the parents can get out of control and rude first. I have witnessed this and not many parents know how to behave in a school full of children. And regardless they always have to put the safety of the children first!!! maybe the parents should behave a little better and not say that the staff are the rude ones. Sometimes parents get way to unruley with their demands. After all they are just educater not personall babysitters...They all do an exceptional job over at that school...

I confess I was very worried when my son entered Siragusa in Pre K. I had heard good things about the school, so I chose not judge it on appearance and see if the academics proved otherwise. My son is now in 1st grade and is doing amazing. He comes home talking about evaporation, condensation and presipitation and completely understands what they mean. Another day, looks at paintings and says, 'Mom, that looks like a Picaso and that one looks like a Van Gogh'... I cannot believe all the different things he comes home talking about. I recently joined the PTA and the parents involved are dedicated and continuously thinking of ways to help raise money to bring inspiration and motivation to the children. The principle has an open door policy. She is the type of principle that gets things done. I really like her. It is only going to get better.

I second everything the last reviewer said. My daughter just completed kindergarten as well and was an excellent student. She absoulte loves school! Her handwriting has dramatically improved too....her handwriting is much better than mine was in the 6th grade! Her teacher did an outstanding job overall, and my wife and I are very happy our daughter is attending the school. We look forward to sending our younger daughter here as well.

Last modified Rosmarie Ann Siragusa School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.