Bad
Good

Scholastic Academy For Academic Excellence 1

Posted April 17, 2011
I posted a review several years ago because I was horrified by the way the principal and teachers handled bullying and other problems. They were awful. One of the teachers saw my son being pushed by another child and encouraged my son to push him back. When my son brought it to my attention, I was in disbelief. When I spoke to the teacher about her actions, she saw nothing wrong. Nonetheless, trying to deal with the principal was even worst. As another parent stated on here, she much rather deal with the easy things than face real challenges. She hides her face beyond the teachers and takes no credit as to why teachers and students behaved in such a way. Shame on you lady!! as a woman, advocator, educator and leader, your skills needed a makeover, and I say needed because I took my son out of that school. I do not know what it is like today, but if that lady is still there, I can only imagine! As far as my son's educational and social status, he is doing excellent. He is very happy, looks foward to going to school and has a wonderful teacher who is very devoted to the children and the pricipal is wonderful and very much involved.

Posted March 19, 2011
MRS.WETZELS THE BESTEST TEACHER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD SHE SHOULD BE PAID THE MAX AMOUNT ! I LOVE HER AND MISS HER SOOO MUCH . AND MS.NURRIDEAN AND MS.PEREZ AND MS.WASHINGTON. I WENT TO SA FOR ALL MY ELEMENTARY ND MIDDLE SCHOOL YEARS. I MISS IT " ( - TORI C.M

Posted November 19, 2010
OK! this school is a good school that enforces the rules. The principal is good and all of the students are well educated. Like my-self I was a student in Scholastic Academy for Academic Excellence. I recently graduated last year and I can say i was more than prepared for high-school. Maybe a bit too prepared. I learned so much from all of the teachers, but there was one in specific. She goes by the name of Mrs.Wetzel <3 One of the best teachers i've personally ever had. She treated us all as if we were one of her own. She was a mother to all of us. I actually loved her so much i decided to make her my Godmother, She taught me so well for two years that I can right as suffitsicating and with strong vocabulary and the guts to write this letter. I LOVE all of the teachers there! And I have the ball to say im Giovanni Salgado, Graduate of Scholastic Academy for Academic Excellence of 2010!!!!

Posted October 06, 2010
i went to this school from kindergarten through eighth grade. i always hated it because i didnt reall ypay attention to all the great things they did for us. now that i left the school and moved away i realized how much i love and miss this school. i wish i were still there. most of the teachers treated us like we were their children, and we didnt realize it. this school had its problem but they did their best to work on them and make class fun. mr.fleshmen is a great teacher but i personally believe that Ms. wetzel, (7th and 8th grade english teacher) was the absolute, without a doubt, best teacher in ever had. i miss her and most of the other teachers so much! i love you guys!

Posted May 05, 2009
My kids are there right now and alot of the teachers are very unprofessional and my kids are going there, next year.

Scholastic Academy For Academic Excellence 4

Posted September 09, 2008
The principal is very much interested in her students. Mr. Fleshman is the best in the entire school. Overrall my daughter has strived in this school which is the reason I continue to allow her to stay. There are however a handfull of teacher that really don't need to teach if their heart is not in it. I wish that the principal could weed out these teachers and get rid of them. Overrall the school does wonderful with it's students. The students in turn get good scores in ELA english and math.

Posted July 02, 2007
please note that they have a good teacher named mrFleshman but the principal never knows what is going on.And she only pays attention to only the easy stuff when you help kids you have to help the hard,& simple things with children's education.also when the kids are there they only have 1 security guard for entire school and it is not in a good neighborhood some kids get picked on by other kids in theplayground in the morning & all the teachers don't care they just walk in through the side of building and let it be.

Scholastic Academy For Academic Excellence 4

Posted August 14, 2005
my son started at this school last year an d I like the school very much but they push for children who do not need special education to attend special education that is not fair and I refuse to do it.

77 Park Hill Avenue, Yonkers, NY  10701
Last modified Scholastic Academy For Academic Excellence is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.