Posted November 06, 2014
School 21 is a horrible school. The principal acts like a child himself, giving kids fake cigarettes which in my opinion is not appropriate behavior coming from an elementary school principal. Some of teachers in school 21 are so arrogant and do whatever they feel, all protected by a teachers union that cannot fire A bad teacher, but instead can let the teacher go and still pay them. The office staff is also rude, racist, and a joke, one of the main office employees tends to let certain race children slide when they are the troublemakers and I'm not racist it just happens that those children who are the trouble makers happen to be the same race as that main office worker. Kids complaints about bullying go unheard until a fight breaks out. I have called numerous times to speak to certain teachers and was promised phone calls in return and never received them. Kids are constantly in hallways and no one asks them why aren't you in class. I have made numerous complaints to the Yonkers board of education about certain teachers and nothing happened. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN THERE.
2 people found this helpful

School 21 4

Posted June 27, 2014
My daughter goes to this school and she doesn't complain. She started this school from 4th grade. Before she came to this school she went to private school. I took her from there becouse the teachers were meen and she was coming home nervous. At PS 21 she became totally a different child. She is very happy and she gets rewards every year. I really recommend this school. I would like to say that School 21 has new auditorium.

Posted June 20, 2013
I don't get it. Most of the reviews are stellar but the school has a GreatSchools rating of 2. Something must be wrong that the parents are not talking about. My son might have to go to this school for pre-K in September and I'm seriously thinking of just putting him in a private school instead.

Posted April 10, 2010
This school has some really sweet teachers but there a few that are really bad. My kids go to this school and they like, it but my son teacher is very impatient and very bossy and if my kids did not like this school so much i would pull them out.

School 21 4

Posted December 01, 2009
My kid has been going there since kindergarten she love's it even better now since it's going to be extended to 6th grade ! I need to find a middle school just as good for her when she is done going here any ideas anyone ?

Posted November 21, 2009
My son has been going to school 21 and i am very pleased with the results. My son can read very well and very good in math. the teachers are very sweet.

Posted May 28, 2009
My son is currently in kindergarten at School 21. I am extremely pleased with this school. My son is reading well, writing well and talks about the new and exciting events held at the school. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the students and am extremely happy with the changes Mr. Hughes implemented. My son's teacher is a no-nonsense person and handles the children very well. I am pleased he gets a lot of homework. It truly stimulates his mind and creativity. Thank you School 21.

Posted May 18, 2009
have had a child in this school for 3 years and have consistantly been disappointed in the principals work ethic, the teachers commitment and the behavior of the students. There is little to no extra help from anyone and once they have labeled your child as problematic, its a done deal.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 18, 2007
Both my children are studenta at school 21 so far I am very happy with it. Classrooms are clean and the new principal is great. Mr.Hughes will do great things for this school.

School 21 5

Posted October 16, 2007
Great school so far. My son started Pre-K this year and he has learned a lot for the first month at School 21. I am impressed with the teacher and the assistant's teaching skills. They both have a way to have the kids interact and grasp what they are learning. My son is doing well.

School 21
100 Lee Ave, Yonkers, NY  10705
Last modified School 21 is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 21 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top