Yonkers, NY

Posted February 09, 2015
As a child, I attended PS 21. As a parent, I had no hesitation in sending my two children to PS 21. Located in Lincoln Park, a safe residential area, it houses a multicultural population of students. PS 21 is a community landmark providing our generations of tomorrow with a solid foundation for early childhood education. Core values are initially taught here! The building is clean, & cafeteria/gym well equip. The classrooms are uniquely structured. Student projects dec the hallways and walls. The library with the internet is a computer lab which provides students with programs that are designed to enhance their already existing skills and knowledge. Teachers are involved, active and inspirational. They have shown to interact professionally with students on every level. The principal is caring and dedicated having responsibilities which are endless. PTA plans & guides activities which promote and encourage learning, hanyds on participation and volunteer effort. Mindfulness approach and practice has set the tone for success at PS 21. The school is without a doubt one of the best out there.

Posted February 08, 2015
PS 21 is my alma mater and school to my 2 children. For 100 years it has served and continues to serve our generations of students some of whom are now our political, economic and social chief executives. The landmark provides early childhood education, the foundation for learning and inculcating good core values for life. The building is clean & renovated, cafeteria/gym well equip, classrooms structured. Student projects dec hallways and walls. Library internet has enriching programs. Professional teachers are involved, active and inspirational. The principal, well respected & approachable improves curriculum goals & motivates teachers. He actually "takes part" in extracurricular activities. PS 21 has special offerings from academics to team sports to after school programs. A strong PTA promotes and encourages learning, hands on participation and volunteer effort. A mindfulness approach and practice has inevitably set the tone for success at PS 21. The school is without a doubt one of the best out there!

Posted February 07, 2015
School 21 is in their 4th year as the only mindful school in New York. Teachers and the Principal have been trained by mindful school.org . They boast of a 99% satisfaction level by parents. It's true! For a public education, you can't lose- mindfulness, morals, fun, and learning!

School 21 4

Posted June 27, 2014
My daughter goes to this school and she doesn't complain. She started this school from 4th grade. Before she came to this school she went to private school. I took her from there becouse the teachers were meen and she was coming home nervous. At PS 21 she became totally a different child. She is very happy and she gets rewards every year. I really recommend this school. I would like to say that School 21 has new auditorium.

School 21 1

Posted June 20, 2013
I don't get it. Most of the reviews are stellar but the school has a GreatSchools rating of 2. Something must be wrong that the parents are not talking about. My son might have to go to this school for pre-K in September and I'm seriously thinking of just putting him in a private school instead.

Posted April 10, 2010
This school has some really sweet teachers but there a few that are really bad. My kids go to this school and they like, it but my son teacher is very impatient and very bossy and if my kids did not like this school so much i would pull them out.

School 21 4

Posted December 01, 2009
My kid has been going there since kindergarten she love's it even better now since it's going to be extended to 6th grade ! I need to find a middle school just as good for her when she is done going here any ideas anyone ?

Posted November 21, 2009
My son has been going to school 21 and i am very pleased with the results. My son can read very well and very good in math. the teachers are very sweet.

Posted May 28, 2009
My son is currently in kindergarten at School 21. I am extremely pleased with this school. My son is reading well, writing well and talks about the new and exciting events held at the school. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the students and am extremely happy with the changes Mr. Hughes implemented. My son's teacher is a no-nonsense person and handles the children very well. I am pleased he gets a lot of homework. It truly stimulates his mind and creativity. Thank you School 21.

School 21 1

Posted May 18, 2009
have had a child in this school for 3 years and have consistantly been disappointed in the principals work ethic, the teachers commitment and the behavior of the students. There is little to no extra help from anyone and once they have labeled your child as problematic, its a done deal.
3 people found this helpful

100 Lee Ave, Yonkers, NY  10705
Last modified School 21 is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 21 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top