Yonkers, NY

Posted February 04, 2015
KG is a wonderful, clean little elementary school located inside the beautiful Colonial Heights neighborhood. Everyone gets to know everybody there. The principal truly cares about the school and is very responsive to parents' concerns. The teachers and staff are great, too. Check out the most recent impressive test scores. The PTA is very dedicated to making the school the best place it can be for the kids. We love being part of the KG family.

Posted January 14, 2015
We are part of the Gibran Family since my son began Kindergarten there. He is now in High school and we still are and always will be proud to be part of the Gibran Family. A small enough environment where kids feel safe and among friends. Filled with outstanding Teachers, Staff, PTA and a Principal who's priority is the kids.

Posted December 07, 2014
This school is a hidden gem. The school is small enough that everyone gets to know your child . The prinicpal is strict and extremely concern for the safety of your child . This school scored higher than some of the more talked about schools in 2013-2014 State exams ( check it out for yourself) . I have two children in this school and they love it .It's my neigborhood school and the campus is beautiful .

Posted December 07, 2014
The rating of this school is based on 2008 scores. Don't know why that is . Should be changed caused for the last five years this school has rocked !!!!! I guess some would consider this school the underdog ....fine with us. Other great feature is the PTA ....they work really hard for the students . I am happy with this school.

Posted October 17, 2014
Nice clean school. Great English teacher for 7th and 8th grade. This teacher sets the bar very high for others to follow

Posted October 17, 2014
Love this school and our kids are happy , the staff is very good and friendly ,,We feel like family there ,the PTA is great too.

Posted October 17, 2014
Clean, has great leadership, good values and overall happy with this PK-8th grade school so far. There are huge differences in schools in this city and Gibran does deserve a higher rating than many. I hope my son makes many good memories throughout the years here!

Posted October 17, 2013
Kahlil Gibran Should be getting a higher rating than a three! Compared to other schools Kahlil Gibran did very well on the New York State scores. I have three children invested in the school. Thus far we are very happy with the staff and administration. We have a strong PTA here. My children are happy. We look forward to a successful year ahead!

Kahlil Gibran School 3

Posted October 09, 2013
Some complaints regarding this school are due to the failing system, not the school/staff (eg. no academic support). Schools/YPS have responsibilities, but so do the parents. We also should only account for our own experiences not that of others for fear of inaccuracy. As we write these reviews, I hope we bear that in mind when writing them.

Posted August 11, 2013
This school is great! The teachers are doing a great job! My daughter is very happy that she goes to this school. I hope the rating will go higher, because the school really deserves it!

Kahlil Gibran School
18 Rosedale Road, Yonkers, NY  10710
Last modified Kahlil Gibran School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kahlil Gibran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top