Posted December 07, 2014
This school is a hidden gem. The school is small enough that everyone gets to know your child . The prinicpal is strict and extremely concern for the safety of your child . This school scored higher than some of the more talked about schools in 2013-2014 State exams ( check it out for yourself) . I have two children in this school and they love it .It's my neigborhood school and the campus is beautiful .

Posted December 07, 2014
The rating of this school is based on 2008 scores. Don't know why that is . Should be changed caused for the last five years this school has rocked !!!!! I guess some would consider this school the underdog ....fine with us. Other great feature is the PTA ....they work really hard for the students . I am happy with this school.

Posted October 17, 2014
Nice clean school. Great English teacher for 7th and 8th grade. This teacher sets the bar very high for others to follow

Posted October 17, 2014
Love this school and our kids are happy , the staff is very good and friendly ,,We feel like family there ,the PTA is great too.

Posted October 17, 2014
Clean, has great leadership, good values and overall happy with this PK-8th grade school so far. There are huge differences in schools in this city and Gibran does deserve a higher rating than many. I hope my son makes many good memories throughout the years here!

Posted October 17, 2013
Kahlil Gibran Should be getting a higher rating than a three! Compared to other schools Kahlil Gibran did very well on the New York State scores. I have three children invested in the school. Thus far we are very happy with the staff and administration. We have a strong PTA here. My children are happy. We look forward to a successful year ahead!

Kahlil Gibran School 3

Posted October 09, 2013
Some complaints regarding this school are due to the failing system, not the school/staff (eg. no academic support). Schools/YPS have responsibilities, but so do the parents. We also should only account for our own experiences not that of others for fear of inaccuracy. As we write these reviews, I hope we bear that in mind when writing them.

Posted August 11, 2013
This school is great! The teachers are doing a great job! My daughter is very happy that she goes to this school. I hope the rating will go higher, because the school really deserves it!

Posted June 25, 2013
We've been very pleased with the school. The dedicated staff makes all the difference. My daughter is quite happy there, has been there 2 years, and has excelled. Dedicated PTA also a big plus.

Posted January 28, 2013
This is our first year in Yonkers Public School district. I have two children at Kahlil Gibran - first grade and pre-k. I have to say I am much happier than when they were in a local private school last year. My first grader enjoys learning and made the honor roll. The first thing my pre-k'r does when she gets home is her HOMEWORK!! They are definitely enjoying the whole learning process and their teachers have a whole lot to do with it! I am happy and hope to get more involved with the school. I don't know why the school only got a 2 in it's rating but I hope it goes up! Also, I hope they correct the spelling of the school KHALIL Gibran.

Kahlil Gibran School
18 Rosedale Road, Yonkers, NY  10710
Last modified Kahlil Gibran School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kahlil Gibran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top