Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
My daughter's teacher this year is Mrs. Parandian. They honestly don't get much better than her. She is absolutely amazing with the children and keeps me very involved as a parent. Her love for the kids, along with her positive attitude, is contagious and refreshing. It so obvious that she loves what she does. We are extremey lucky to have her.

Posted May 23, 2016
This is our second year and we are extremely happy. My daughter enjoys going to school each day. The staff is friendly, supportive, and helpful.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted March 16, 2016
I think the teachers in the integrated kindergarten are overwhelmed, not because the class is overwhelming but because they do not have the experience or desire necessary to handle a class with diverging abilities.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted March 16, 2016
Kindergarten students probably do not benefit from homework. I think the homework sheets were probably useless, boardering on too much too soon.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted March 16, 2016
I think that the school (at least the integrated kindergarten)_ presents a very challenging curriculum for its students and if it were a gifted and talented program that it would be ideal. However, as it is not, the curriculum merely makes a large number of children uncomfortable.

School 30 2

Posted March 16, 2016
Our child attended the integrated kindergarten program. The class is run like a "gifted and talented" program with children expected to write their names from week 1, a morning message by week 12 and 20 sentences by week 28. The consequence is that while some children will thrive, many will flounder. And those that flounder understandably present with behavioral problems which the school treats by strongly encouraging parents to pull their children from the school. If you are a parent of a special needs child and are considering their integrated kindergarten, run, do not walk, elsewhere. It is really unfortunate, but I can't really say much that is positive about our experience there.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 24, 2015
I want thank our loyal and committed PTA volunteers, you show up and help at all events; year after year. Your hard work and dedication doesn't go unnoticed and I'm grateful to everyone who helps out and supports the school.

Posted June 11, 2015
I can't disagree more with the two negative reviews below. We are very pleased with this school so far. This is my daughters second year here. She came in the 4th grade and the teachers and faculty were very welcoming and nurturing. They are very involved. They actually call me with updates on my daughters progress. The environment is safe and the PTA is very dedicated (although like most PTA's they would benefit from more parents getting actively involved.) If you plan on driving your child there is traffic congestion but that is just because of the circular drive and lack of parking so you need to plan a few extra minutes into your schedule. The school has petitioned for a parking lot but its not in the city budget at this time. This school is a hidden gem and very family oriented. I would highly recommend it.

Posted June 07, 2015
My daughter is in a 3rd grade and she has wonderful teacher Mrs. Bash. She is one of the best, my daughter loves to go to this school. School 30 offers afternoon programs, art, music lessons, it's fun. Thank you for beeing such a great school!

School 30 1

Posted April 24, 2015
Terrible school I can't wait for my daughter to leave this school and the staff and the principals are rude and disrespectful the staff needs to be trained on how to handle kids and the assistant principal needs to listen to children's views on things instead of thinking the adults always right I hope when my daughter leaves the school can be fixed to how it was when former principal Davis was there.

30 Nevada Place, Yonkers, NY  10708
Last modified School 30 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.