Yonkers, NY

Posted June 11, 2015
I can't disagree more with the two negative reviews below. We are very pleased with this school so far. This is my daughters second year here. She came in the 4th grade and the teachers and faculty were very welcoming and nurturing. They are very involved. They actually call me with updates on my daughters progress. The environment is safe and the PTA is very dedicated (although like most PTA's they would benefit from more parents getting actively involved.) If you plan on driving your child there is traffic congestion but that is just because of the circular drive and lack of parking so you need to plan a few extra minutes into your schedule. The school has petitioned for a parking lot but its not in the city budget at this time. This school is a hidden gem and very family oriented. I would highly recommend it.

Posted June 07, 2015
My daughter is in a 3rd grade and she has wonderful teacher Mrs. Bash. She is one of the best, my daughter loves to go to this school. School 30 offers afternoon programs, art, music lessons, it's fun. Thank you for beeing such a great school!

School 30 1

Posted April 24, 2015
Terrible school I can't wait for my daughter to leave this school and the staff and the principals are rude and disrespectful the staff needs to be trained on how to handle kids and the assistant principal needs to listen to children's views on things instead of thinking the adults always right I hope when my daughter leaves the school can be fixed to how it was when former principal Davis was there.
2 people found this helpful

School 30 1

Posted May 17, 2014
Never send your child to this school. Between pre-k and 1st grade your child will get more dedicated and professional teachers. After 1st grade... forget it! Especially in terms of middle school. Mr. Rowitt is the best teacher, otherwise your child will NOT get what he/she needs unless he/she is extremely independent. It was a huge loss for School 30 when Principal K. Davis was sent to PS 24 to clean things up there. PS 30 is over populated, no lockers for middle school age kids (they still use cubbies), Children have been known to be yelled at and pulled into meetings with administration without parents being informed. The list goes on. Warning... Do not send your child here. From, Parents who know first hand

Posted April 18, 2014
Teachers are wonderful!!! Doing the best they can with limited resources. Afterschool program at school 30 is a plus for working parents.

Posted October 16, 2013
My kids have been studying in school 30 since 2011. It is a great school and safe for the kids. The teachers are wonderful and hardworking towards the progress of students. The Principal Mr. Sayegh is a symbol of leadership. He always make sure that all conflicts and issues among students especially the middle school students' are solved promptly without any delay. He is also very serious about the studies of all the students of school 30.

Posted October 15, 2013
Excellent school .My son has been going to school 30 from 1st grade, the teachers have been excellent through out.

School 30 2

Posted September 15, 2012
My child was lucky to have an excellent 1st grade teacher, who was amazing and caring. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the principal leadership.

School 30 3

Posted May 22, 2012
My daughter has been attending School 30, Yonkers since Kindergarten. She's in the 3rd grade. The teachers are terrific and tough. The principal Ms. Davis, well lets just say she doesn't stand up for the teachers. When it comes to bullying, the school gets no stars from me. My daughter is being bullied by a student in her class and still it continues. Nothing is being done with the countless complaints. Ms. Davis is the worst principal school 30 could ever have. She supports the bullied child instead of the victim. Which is a shame.

Posted July 20, 2010
I really recomend school 30. My son had Mrs. Ansalone as a prek teacher she is an amazing teacher who really loves what she does and adores the children as if they were her own, Unfortunately, she retired at the end of this year. My son really has had a good experience in the school. Excellent PTA and the principal is nice as well.

School 30
30 Nevada Place, Yonkers, NY  10708
Last modified School 30 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 30 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top