Posted October 17, 2014
I absolutely love this school, my oldest daughter graduated from Pearls and now my youngest daughter attends Pearls. I am very happy and satisfied with the learnings that each of my daughters have received and still receives from Pearls.

Posted October 11, 2014
Pearls is a wonderful school. Mrs. Gorman, the pre-k teacher is sensitive and responsive to the children's needs. My son feels happy and cared for at Pearls.

PEARLS Hawthorne 1

Posted August 20, 2014
I find this school to be absolutely horrendous. The students are very unpleasant, and the school its self has a terrible atmosphere. There is almost no motivation for students to learn and even though the school claims to be for the "gifted and talented" you are surrounded as a student with bad work ethic. If you are considering attending this school I can tell you that you would be making a mistake by going here.

PEARLS Hawthorne 4

Posted April 01, 2014
In response to the young lady considering moving to Yonkers. First thing is, Yonkers is a school bus district. So, if you are living more than a mile or so from the school you are choosing for your child, you should be good with transportation. But, choose Pearls gifted. Keep in mind that your son needs to take an entrance exam, and I think you missed the sign up date to take that exam for the 2014/2015 school year. So, you might be stuck with putting him in another school for a year until you can have him all signed up for the test. Provided that he passes the test, Pearls is the only place to be!!! Now, living in Yonkers. Hmmm. You said that you have a son in college. No colleges in Yonkers! Mount Saint Vincent is right in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. It's right on the Yonkers border. Get the info on that school and take it from there. If you want to live in Yonkers, try the north or the east part of Yonkers, closer to the cross county shopping center or along that area. The great thing about Yonkers is that transportation is very easy and Yonkers is central to many areas. Don't live in 10701, 10705, part of 10704, and a small part of 10703. And, be careful of police!

Posted October 31, 2013
My Son started in this school in September. He is so happy & he really has the best teacher, Muss Warrens. She is always advising us, and reminding us of events & homework etc. she is very funny tok which really helps the kids enjoy school & learning. I just came back from a brilliant Halloween Parade. So well organized, i was very impressed. The staff are always so helpful & friendly & the security is fantastic. Love love this school. Thank you Pearls for all you do for my son & the kids.

Posted September 28, 2013
I am so happy that my kids are attending this school. You hear such terrible things about the Yonkers schools, but this is a real glimmer of hope. It's not perfect and there are always budgetary constraints- but for a pubic school in a highly urban area, it's fabulous. Love the teachers, love the diversity of the students. Do wish it were more progressive and they did not worry so much about tests, but this is the world we live in now.

PEARLS Hawthorne 3

Posted March 12, 2013
Pearls is a good school. My daughters are happy and I feel secure when I drop them off at school that they are safe. My kids complain about the school rules but I know that it is for their own good. Hopefully we wouldn't have anymore budget cuts because nothing should be Cut when it comes to Education. Our childrens' education should be Top Priority since they are the Future.

PEARLS Hawthorne 1

Posted March 11, 2013
I think Pearl School is not somewhere your child should be going, nor to use the GT program they offer. I do not think it offers a safe environment for any child because of the unfortunate locale.

PEARLS Hawthorne 3

Posted December 11, 2012
Pretty good school, I've been going there since kindergarten and it WAS FUN and there use to be many activities to do such as cheer leading and different sports but because of the economy they are no longer there but I do appreciate that they have devolved a sports club... But as I got older different principals and more rules were created, and some are are just unnessiary and mean, we aren't allowed to sit with our friends during lunch and since I'm in the upper grades there is no recess so I practically never get to talk to my friends , thought they are many unruly rules and etc., I would suggest the school because it's fun once you gets use to the rules and I would continue going until 8th grade.

PEARLS Hawthorne 4

Posted October 29, 2012
am the grandparent of a second grader at Pearls. I think that Pearls is a very good school, however, I am very unhappy that last year and this year the school hours have changed. I am not happy with the fact that my 7 year old grandson has to get up at 5:00 AM everyday to go to school, get on the school bus and travel at least 45 minutes to get to school. I think that this is too much for a 7 year old. What do you think?

PEARLS Hawthorne
350 Hawthorne Avenue, Yonkers, NY  10705
Last modified PEARLS Hawthorne is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
PEARLS Hawthorne Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top