No rating

St Paul The Apostle School

Private | PK-8 | 199 students

Living in Yonkers

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $379,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,280.

Posted September 22, 2014

I have a daughter at this school since 2006 and she is growing up to be a well rounded young lady. She is respectful and excels academically. I have nothing bad to say about the school, teachers, nor the Principal. It is worth every penny! My daughter feels right at home at St. Paul School and so do I. All the children are treated equally and each class is like a family. I would refer this school to everyone. Thank you St. Paul's for all you do!

Posted June 19, 2014

My sons started in St Paul's this year. I cannot say enough great things about the school. It really feels like family. You will not find any bullying in St. Paul's as it just wouldn't be tolerated. My biggest regret is I didn't pull my sons out of Y.M.A sooner as it like 2 different worlds, and the caring and compassion that is taught daily as well as academics is priceless.

Posted August 30, 2013

I graduated from this school almost 10 years ago and attended from p-k all the way through 8th grade and I have to say that it was the worst experience of my life. It is EXTREMELY cliquy and no matter how left out a student becomes the teachers don't pay any mind to it. The principal is horrible and shows extreme favoritism. Because you're with the same group of kids for 8+ years it makes it very easy for certain students to be picked on an bullied. If there is a group of bad seeds in the class /everyone/ gets punished, not just the troublemakers. It saddens me that my childhood is full of such horrible memories caused this school, its students, and its staff. Speaking of the staff, they have no idea what they're doing. If you want your kids to be taught by subpar teachers who barely now what they're doing then send them here. The 8th grade teacher is the worse. She taught me absolutely nothing and barely prepared me for my transition to high school. Take it from someone who was on the inside, DO NOT SEND YOU KIDS HERE. I know I won't.

Posted April 29, 2013

This is our second year at this school ,and I had not planned to go there ,but couldn't get the public school I wanted...I'm soo delighted with it...no one gets treated different,the principal is very professional yet compassionate and always has time to listen to your concerns.they have a high standard in all areas which I love and tolerate no bullying.i feel my son is growing up to be a lovely boy ,also the parents have made us feel soo welcome...I would highly reccomend St. Paul's to anyone ,my daughter is starting now,I would not even consider any other school...well done mrs mallardi and her fun professional loving staff!!!!

Posted February 15, 2013

Great School! Great teachers, principal and staff! I'm delighted we choose this school for our daughter!

Posted March 5, 2010

One of the best kept secrets in Yonkers. Excellent and outstanding school. Faculty and other parents are one big loving family who help all students with love and affection for their future lives.Wide and diverse in offerings including computer,Spanish,music and living. Assistance for high school selections and the evidence of those having scholarships and acceptance into premier schools - both high school and college prove evident of the strong foundation instilled in the children.

Posted June 4, 2009

I am a former student of the school. St. Paul's isnt perfect, but no school is. Yes, there were times where I was counting the days until graduation but looking back on it, I am very glad that I went to SPS for 10 years. Overall, you will get a great education at SPS and it will prepare you for high school very well.

Posted February 3, 2009

My son did not like the school. The Principal was annoying and favor those students that volunteer. I would not recommend this school.

Posted November 28, 2008

A couple of years ago I went to St. Pauls. when my other school closed. I hated it . I felt left out, the children were very clicky. The principle favored some students, parents and teachers. The teachers also favored some students and parents. I am glad I am in another school now where the children make me feel welcome as a new student. Do not put your child in this school. I mean it!

Posted October 26, 2008

st paul the apostle was so educational. it is worth every penny! great teachers and great parish! i loved this school. it taught me education and disipline.

Posted October 3, 2008

Great School! The kids are very polite and well discipline we must remember that discipline begins at home. My daughter is very happy to be a student at St. Paul the Apostle. The teacher s in this school are very dedicated and professional.

Posted April 11, 2008

Terrible preschool program; you can hear the teacher yelling from outside the school building. The teacher/student ratio is the highest the state will accept.

Posted February 29, 2008

After a couple of months in this school St.Paul the Apostle, was the devestating year for my child. Very inappropriate girls and boys. The principal did not care about the new students.

Posted December 24, 2007

My son attended St Paul's from pre=k through the 8th grade and I'm glad that he did. He made friends that will last a lifetime, and developed the foundation of discipline that pepared him well for high school and beyond. The staff is terrific and like most lay professionals, under paid and under appreciated. They did a great job with my son.

Posted September 30, 2006

As a former pupil of this school, all I have to say is I absolutely loved the school. I had the best time of my life there and made many friend that I know will last a lifetime. The teachers are caring and very intelligent and all the classes are small so it is much easier to learn. If I could, I'd go back and learn at that school any day.

Posted September 23, 2006

You do not get a great education compared to the other schools in Yonkers, nor prepares you well for high school.

Posted January 20, 2006

This is a good school for your child to learn and fun.

Posted January 2, 2006

Although the school is a bit small, it focuses on discipline and success in its students.

Posted May 27, 2005

I am not a parent from this school however I am a past pupil. I attended St. Pauls from 1988-1998 and to be honest they were the the best years. Not only were we encouraged to befriend our fellow classmates but we were also allowed to mingle with other classes and I dont think I am wrong in saying that all past pupils knew most of the fellow students in the school. As for paretal involvement they met up more often than the kids and close bonds were made by the parents also. We were all involved in school activities such as music classes, concerts, art class,and a wide variety of sports. Academically I would say that St. Pauls is rated high on my scale. As a student in my final year of college I feel that St. Pauls provided me with a wonderful foundation.

Posted March 6, 2005

After third grade everything went downhill. Because the students are together so long they get very 'clicky' and do not treat each other with respect. The few teachers who acknowledged the problem did nothing about it. The only good teacher left, and the principal plays favorites with students and parents. There are hardly any extracurricular activities, the music program ended about 8yrs. ago, and besides coloring and making cards, there is no art program.

Asian 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Grace Mallardi
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

77 Lee Avenue