Yonkers, NY

Posted February 01, 2013
This is a great school and I am very happy with my child's attendance here. They are a caring and warm staff. They work together with the parent's to meet your child's needs. We are a family at St. Peter's. That is the overall general feel.

Posted March 30, 2010
A great school well worth the investment if you want your child to be someone in the future! The principal treats the students as her own children, and as a parent, this gives me the peace of mind to go to work and know that the job of raising my child is done all around.

St Peter's School 0

Posted June 20, 2009
St.Peter's is giving a great education to its students! The classes are small and the implementation of the Open Court Reading Program has children reading on grade level. The parents are involved in every aspect of school life.The principal and teachers are top notch. Technology is used in the classes and every child receives computer instruction in addition to all other subject areas.Religion is a key component of the curriculum.The children are friendly and involved in service activities for others.The children here are receiving an education that will help them succeed !

Posted May 08, 2008
I have 3 children in St. Peter's School. One in the 3rd Grade, one in 2nd and one in PK. The 3rd Grader learned to read by the end of her PK year and has been in Honors ever since. My 2nd Grader has also ben in Honors. Even though the school does not offer music classes and sports for students in their age group, I am very happy with the academics here. SPS has scored on or above grade level in Open Court Reading 2 years in a row. The 4th Graders have all passed their state tests 3 years in a row. St. Peter's is a family oriented school and I don't mind having to pay to get the education my children receive.

St Peter's School 1

Posted February 09, 2008
My child went there for pre-k and the school is average. My child goes to public school and is in kindergarden , his teacher is very good and she is very strict .The teachers from public school have same diplomas that the one from catholic schools have . Discipline starts at home , parents puting kids in school for discipline should not be parents in the first place . I attended catholic school for twelve years and they are not all that people believe they are.

St Peter's School 0

Posted October 19, 2007
My son attended PreK last year and is in the same class again this year because of his age. We put him in early, and he definitely learned a lot, but I feel like I have to supplement his education. The school doesn't have a PTA. Overall, I have only worked with the PreK teacher, who is wonderful, but I sure am glad we'll be moving out of New York next year.

St Peter's School 1

Posted August 23, 2007
My son attended kindergarten classes at St. Peter's School and the curriculum is equivalent to a public school education, which you do not have to pay for. St. Peter is not worth the money you work soooooo hard for. The after school program is a free for all and hours of watching TV(nothing stimulating). Ending on a position note the school does provide excellent extracurricular activities(gym, chorus, computer etc)

Posted November 28, 2006
- a former student
I attended St Peter's for 5 years and my dad taught there for 10. St. Peter's is a very good school, small and personal but they need more parental involvement. Otherwise, awesome school!

St Peter's School 4

Posted October 10, 2006
St. Peter's is a great start to a solid foundation for our children. They teach morals, ethics and most of all, the Christian way of life. You can definitely see this through the actions and politeness of the students. As parents, we still need to guide them and be active in their daily lives. Although the school is great, we are still their greatest influence. It all begins at home! We had no choice but place our child in SPS due to the lack of discipline of other students and drug infested teachers in Yonkers . This is a fact and you can also see that the children of public school teachers are going to Catholic schools, rather than in their own schools. Public school teachers agree that Catholic schools make our girls and boys into ladies and gentlemen. Let us make our children our greatest asset and investment.

Posted June 10, 2006