Posted March 27, 2010
Both of my children attended YCA from Pre-K through 8th grade. They left and excelled in high school. I was so pleased with a staff that loved God and my children, and how they provided such a great environment for them to learn and grown in.

Yonkers Christian Academy 4

Posted October 29, 2008
I have two children in the school. Both have attended since preK. My oldest reads above average and my youngest is learning Spanish! Most importantly YCA is teaching them Godly values, which is priceless.

Yonkers Christian Academy 0

Posted July 30, 2008
My son has completed two grade levels at YCA. My husband and I are surprised and excited at how much he has learned in such a short time. He's reading and progressing faster that what we had planned for him. Most importantly he's developing realationships and making friends along the way. The camp is a blessing for working parents. Thank you YCA

Yonkers Christian Academy 2

Posted June 11, 2008
YCA has taken a turn for the worse. The staffing and maintenance is sub par at the best. At this point the only thing the school has over other schools is the class size. January of 2008 the do not have a full t

Yonkers Christian Academy 3

Posted March 28, 2008
My daughter has attended YCA for 3 years and I love the idea of a small school. I believe that the students at all levels are working hard to gain the knowledge thats needed to suceed. But the school could use some improvements. Teachers need to be giving workshops to enhance the knowledge that needed for the changing times. It is my opinion that the pride of YCA's teachers, students, and adminstrative staff should reflect the standards of what YCA is all about. In addition a building facelift is desperately needed.

Yonkers Christian Academy 4

Posted January 17, 2007
My son started attending YCA at age 3. Now at age 5 his reading, spelling, mathematics, Bible studies etc. is way above normal. With YCA rigorous curriculum and wonderful teaching staff my son has gained knowledge that will prepare him for 1st grade. I would like to say, thank you to all the loving staff and principal Moodie for doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

Posted May 30, 2006
The Yonkers Christian Academy is a small school (which I like) where the principal knows all of his parents as well as his students. My twins started in the pre k-3 (3 year old) program and they write as well as identify the letters of the alphabet. Due to this they are writing and spelling their names. They also give you the sound of every letter of the alphabet as well as give you an example of a word that begins with this letter/sound. My children love their teacher as well as their classmates. Looking at the older students, one can only look forward to their child reaching the upper grades. They are always well mannered and respectful. The school has a very good curriculum and I would definately recommend it.

Posted March 30, 2006
My childs first year in YCA and he loves it.Yca is a school the children come first each child is encouraged to do their best without being label.The principal is a great principal (i wish every one could be like him.)He's very active with each students the staff,teachers are also great to. I'm proud of this school it gave my child encouragement and confidence that he needs for the world.

Posted February 12, 2006
YCA is a small, private school with top rated teachers and a rigorous curricullum. I am happy to have my son attend this school

Yonkers Christian Academy 2

Posted August 23, 2005

Yonkers Christian Academy
229 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY  10701
Last modified Yonkers Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Yonkers Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top