Bad
Good

Hi, i do prefer this school it helps you do great with your child. Also on any average point they do exept you and add you onto a grade level such as 7:1 onto 7:10 they make sure you child gets attention and help toward there effort. I am a student at the school they might not have as much clubs as other schools might have but does have an excellent education program to better your child or children needs, no need for tutors or any such they can all provide that for you in the magnificent school.

Unfortunately if your child is not an honor roll student the teachers here do not care about them ... It's sad . They were not helpful or encouraging and very inconsistent... If your child is an A student great send them here so they can get into the high school. If not PLEASE do yourself a favor and find a better school even if they are average students they will be ignored even by the principal and vice principal who could care less about helping these children ... Very sad

Greetings Everyone! I've been reading everyone's comments and all have been helpful, although I have been getting mixed singles with some postings. But I'm thinking of relocating to Yonkers and I'm a bit unfamiliar with choosing the right, safe neighborhoods for my two boys and not to mention I'm a bit limited because I don't have a car. I'm looking for low income rental so I figured I would base majority of my apartment search on or near a good middle school, although I have one child in college and the other in middle (nuts)..But how is the living area around Pearls Hawthorn school or any neighboring schools? And if anyone know if colleges are near as well that would be great as well.. Any suggestions or resources are welcome...

I am very greatful that I chosed this school for my daughter. She is a high honor stuedent in the IB program, and will be on the 7th. grade next year. Great teachers!!

My husband and I were a little scared to send or daughter to a public middle school in Yonkers. She really wanted to try so we let her and we are very pleased with our decision. She is a high honor student and worked very hard to get there. Her teachers were very helpful and were always there on email to help us. She just finished 6th grade and we are very pleased with the school and the teachers.

i think this is a great school for me because the teachers could teach me a lot of stuff i would need to know to get into a good collage

My daughter began 6th grade here (originally a PEARLS student), then we moved out of state. She is now in 8th grade and still misses this school. Don't let the ugly building fool you. Her teachers were all very approachable by phone and e-mail. Each one of them worked tirelessly to give my daughter all the tools she needed to move on. The office staff was always polite and inviting, and the principal was tough, but fair. For a city school that will naturally face city problems...The constant threat of budget cuts, program cuts, etc., I feel this school will thrive because of the strength and character of all under its roof. The IB program is tough and not for everyone, but what a great height the bar is set at this school. This is a great Yonkers School if you can get in.

Last modified Yonkers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.