Charter School Of Educational Excellence

Charter | K-8 | 554 students

Living in Yonkers

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $272,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Posted May 18, 2014

I love this school! ! When my son first come in to the first grade he was at a b level reading he was so behind because in the school he was in before didnt teach as well as the charter would have taught him. Had he been in charter school from begining he would of been fine but now he is on a J level in only 8months! I know he will exit the first grade past J level! This school has really changed him in many ways putting him in this school has been the best thing I have ever done. And I absolutely love his teacher Ms ferrauto! ! Best school hands down!

Posted May 16, 2014

My school is a very good school.The teachers are very nice and this school makes you really smart. However,the school lunches aren't very good. It is only 3 stars. I think the best part of my school is that during lunch, we get to play outside. Also, gym class is very fun. So come to this school. This school is open for anyone in grades K-8 and their are no tests.But hurry, this school is running out of positions for new students!

Posted April 12, 2014

Csee is an amazing school the teachers and staff are great. My daughter has been in the school since first grade this is her second year and both Mrs. FERRAURO and Mrs. Macgregor have been great!!!! My daughters has learn alot she has been a star student last year and this year too. Her grades are all 4s which is 95 to 100 average thanks to both of these teachers!!!

Posted March 1, 2014

CSEE IS THE BEST CHARTER SCHOOL. WONDERFUL EDUCATORS. THIS IS OUR FIFTH YEAR. OUR CHILDREN LOVE IT THERE.

Posted May 29, 2011

The founder has the attention of the school community and is expanding the school to 8th grade. Construction is almost set to be completed by 2011-2012 school year. If you have watched the movie WAITING FOR SUPERMAN well, superman came to Yonkers since 2005 and founded CSEE. Well DONE!

Posted March 21, 2010

I will piggy pack on the message from the parent dated May 9. The schol is entirely too small. There are only 2 bathrooms that grades 1-6 must share, and several stalls are not working. You will often find the bathrooms unclean and without handsoap, tissue paper/paper towels. The ventalation system is also in need of repair. My daughter tells me taht some classrooms are freezing while others fee like a sauna. This is a steppingstone for young teachers as the tunover rate has increased already thus far. The Charter School has a lot of great ideas but too little space or money to accomplist it all. My child has not brought home a textbook at all this year. I ased her why and she says that they copy notes from the textbook and are not allowed to bring them home. There are several classrooms that do not have windows.

Posted March 18, 2010

The Charter School of Educationl Excellence is a great school. My son graduated last year and misses it dearly. He had some really great teachers..Ms. O'Donnell and Ms. L, like another parent stated they are simply awesome. The dedication that they showed my son along with Ms. Castillo and Mr. Lageere (was called him little Mayor) was so inspiring to him, he misses them dearly and wished he didn't have to graduate. I am so happy that my daughter now attends the school. She loves the school and the atmosphere..you feel so welcomed.

Posted August 21, 2009

My son is a recent graduate of CSEE, and I am so impressed with the progress he has made in one school year. Ms. O'Donnell, and Ms. L are simply awesome! They were always in contact with me, and worked tirelessly to meet the needs of each student. It is no wonder that the entire class passed the state ELA exam. Keep it up! These two teachers will certainly be missed.

Posted May 20, 2009

My daughter is a kindergarten student at this school. I first I was very scare that the school was over working the children, but I must say my daugher surely prove me wrong. She has learned so much this past year. My only concern is that the children need a place to play. They need a Gym, a bigger play area outside. The school is small, and it would be great if they expand. I love the fact the school require all children to wear uniform. I believe in charter school, and they way they teach the kids. Parents, it is so important that you get involved in your child school. The only way we can make a difference if you are involved. Attend the PTO meeting and your voices will be heard! You will be informed of all the changes.

Posted May 9, 2009

my child has been going to CSEE for 3 yrs and the school has definately inproved. But, you're missing some info. their building is too small and they insist on expanding making class size above the state averge. they claim to have 2 teachers per class. not true, 1 floats between many classes. gym is cancelled because Mr M is busy doing other things. they have no gym/auditorium so there is no school plays and such. no musical instrument instruction is offered. their teachers are young and inexperienced and their teacher turn-over is 70%. in other words, this school is a stepping stone for teachers. and though they try to hide it, this is SW Yonkers and dicipline is a problem. they don't want to suspend kids because too many suspension will give them a high Unsafe School Rating. again, things have gotten better but, 4 stars, 5 stars. no way.

Posted May 8, 2009

I am a parent of a kindergarten student. Today the school celebrated Mommy and Me Day. I loved it! I brought lunch to eat with my child and sponsored lunch for other children whose parents were working and not able to attend this wonderful family event. I love the charter school and the wonderful and warm climate of the school. Teachers and students are happy and I saw very good discipline in the school. This is the first time I have spent time in the school during school hours and I could see how happy the teachers and students are. I am very glad that I registered my child into this school. I am a Bronx resident but distance does not matter to me as long as my child is getting a wonderful education. My son will be going to this school next year. I give the charter school high honors!

Posted February 5, 2009

i love this school so much .i live in the bronx and my 5 year old goes here. he starting to read this winter,it ia amasing what the teachers are doing with them. only wish they went to 8 grade.

Posted January 17, 2009

As a parent of three children in the school I can honestly say that this school is amazing! My daughter lost her love of learning in her public school and upon enrolling her in their 6th grade (with 2 teachers!) I have seen an incredible transformation. She adores both of her 6th grade teachers as well as my other 2 children. The teachers at this school should be commended for their hard work and dedication to our children.

Posted October 14, 2008

This is my 3rd year in the charter school and I couldn't be happeir. It seems things get better and better there every year. This year so far has been the best. My two children love the school. I am happy with the school work and response to parents from teachers and staff. I am notising more parents getting involved since we got a new PTA president. He's a man and he is always encouraging parents to get involved. he makes parents get involved and that's good. Overall I love the school and I am not happy that one of my girls will be leaving next year to go to middle school. The test scores are getting better and the students are learning. I can't ask for more. Keep up the good work. there are parents out here that really love and support the charter school.

Posted August 5, 2008

I would like to give this school a 4 star because of the teaching and respect the teachers got for the student. I mean everytime my daughter came home she would brag about how her teacher is so nice and what fantastic their projects are. This truely is a wonderful school.

Posted April 20, 2008

I live in the Bronx and my two kids came to this school in September 2007. I travel to Yonkers because I was not happy with the education my kids were getting in the public school there. I love the materials they use to teach and my daughter has two teachers in the clasroom. I love the teachers and I love that I can call my daughter's teacher on her cell phone or email her. I never got this service at my other school. Uniforms are a BIG PLUS! My only concern with the school is that it only goes to 6th grade. I want the school to go to 8th grade. I will talk about this with the PTA. My son will be attending kindergarten in the Charter School of Excellence in September because I rate this school A+.

Posted April 11, 2008

I have been with the school since it opened in 2005. I have seen great improvement over time. I am happy with the program and the staff. I love the longer school day. So far, my kids love the school and they are doing very well, so I am satisfied overall.

Posted May 31, 2007

My daughter is very happy to be a student at this school. I am pleased with the level of safety and no matter how small of a problem it is the school always keep in contact with me.

Posted May 25, 2007

My child was enrolled in other schools in the Bronx and in Yonkers. I was never happy with the curriculum or the attention my child received in any of her schools until she came to this charter school. The curriculum is very hands on. My daughter loves going to school. I love that her teacher uses the smartboard to teach. Every class has a smartboard. I am very happy with the school environment since we got a new principal this year. She makes parents feel at home and she really cares about the kids. This is the best school my child has been in and I hope the school will go to 6th grade so that my daughter doesn't have to go to the middle schools in Yonkers. I give this school an A+ because it is a great place for children to grow and learn!

The state average for English Language Arts was 31% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 34% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Beginning in the 2012-2013 school year, the New York State Department of Instruction implemented new assessments designed to be aligned with the Common Core State Standards. The new standards for proficiency in these subjects are higher than in previous years and the percent of students earning a proficient score is expected to be lower as a result of this change. See this letter from New York's Commissioner of Education for more information on these changes.

In 2012-2013 New York used the New York State Assessments to test students in grades 3 through 8 in English language arts and math, and in grades 4 and 8 in Science. The tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New York. The goal is for 90% of students to meet or exceed grade-level standards on the tests.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 30% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 36% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 90% in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 31% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 30% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 30% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 30% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 27% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 33% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 27% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students49%

Economically disadvantaged34%
General population38%
Non-migrant37%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the New York Department of Education. If there are fewer than 5 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students49%

• MS. CATALINA CASTILLO
Fax number
  • (914) 476-2858

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now