Public charter
Yonkers, NY

Posted May 18, 2014
I love this school! ! When my son first come in to the first grade he was at a b level reading he was so behind because in the school he was in before didnt teach as well as the charter would have taught him. Had he been in charter school from begining he would of been fine but now he is on a J level in only 8months! I know he will exit the first grade past J level! This school has really changed him in many ways putting him in this school has been the best thing I have ever done. And I absolutely love his teacher Ms ferrauto! ! Best school hands down!

Charter School Of Educational Excellence 4

Posted May 16, 2014
My school is a very good school.The teachers are very nice and this school makes you really smart. However,the school lunches aren't very good. It is only 3 stars. I think the best part of my school is that during lunch, we get to play outside. Also, gym class is very fun. So come to this school. This school is open for anyone in grades K-8 and their are no tests.But hurry, this school is running out of positions for new students!

Posted April 12, 2014
Csee is an amazing school the teachers and staff are great. My daughter has been in the school since first grade this is her second year and both Mrs. FERRAURO and Mrs. Macgregor have been great!!!! My daughters has learn alot she has been a star student last year and this year too. Her grades are all 4s which is 95 to 100 average thanks to both of these teachers!!!

Posted March 01, 2014
CSEE IS THE BEST CHARTER SCHOOL. WONDERFUL EDUCATORS. THIS IS OUR FIFTH YEAR. OUR CHILDREN LOVE IT THERE.

Posted May 29, 2011
The founder has the attention of the school community and is expanding the school to 8th grade. Construction is almost set to be completed by 2011-2012 school year. If you have watched the movie WAITING FOR SUPERMAN well, superman came to Yonkers since 2005 and founded CSEE. Well DONE!

Charter School Of Educational Excellence 0

Posted March 21, 2010
I will piggy pack on the message from the parent dated May 9. The schol is entirely too small. There are only 2 bathrooms that grades 1-6 must share, and several stalls are not working. You will often find the bathrooms unclean and without handsoap, tissue paper/paper towels. The ventalation system is also in need of repair. My daughter tells me taht some classrooms are freezing while others fee like a sauna. This is a steppingstone for young teachers as the tunover rate has increased already thus far. The Charter School has a lot of great ideas but too little space or money to accomplist it all. My child has not brought home a textbook at all this year. I ased her why and she says that they copy notes from the textbook and are not allowed to bring them home. There are several classrooms that do not have windows.

Posted March 18, 2010
The Charter School of Educationl Excellence is a great school. My son graduated last year and misses it dearly. He had some really great teachers..Ms. O'Donnell and Ms. L, like another parent stated they are simply awesome. The dedication that they showed my son along with Ms. Castillo and Mr. Lageere (was called him little Mayor) was so inspiring to him, he misses them dearly and wished he didn't have to graduate. I am so happy that my daughter now attends the school. She loves the school and the atmosphere..you feel so welcomed.

Posted August 21, 2009
My son is a recent graduate of CSEE, and I am so impressed with the progress he has made in one school year. Ms. O'Donnell, and Ms. L are simply awesome! They were always in contact with me, and worked tirelessly to meet the needs of each student. It is no wonder that the entire class passed the state ELA exam. Keep it up! These two teachers will certainly be missed.

Charter School Of Educational Excellence 4

Posted May 20, 2009
My daughter is a kindergarten student at this school. I first I was very scare that the school was over working the children, but I must say my daugher surely prove me wrong. She has learned so much this past year. My only concern is that the children need a place to play. They need a Gym, a bigger play area outside. The school is small, and it would be great if they expand. I love the fact the school require all children to wear uniform. I believe in charter school, and they way they teach the kids. Parents, it is so important that you get involved in your child school. The only way we can make a difference if you are involved. Attend the PTO meeting and your voices will be heard! You will be informed of all the changes.

Charter School Of Educational Excellence 0

Posted May 09, 2009
my child has been going to CSEE for 3 yrs and the school has definately inproved. But, you're missing some info. their building is too small and they insist on expanding making class size above the state averge. they claim to have 2 teachers per class. not true, 1 floats between many classes. gym is cancelled because Mr M is busy doing other things. they have no gym/auditorium so there is no school plays and such. no musical instrument instruction is offered. their teachers are young and inexperienced and their teacher turn-over is 70%. in other words, this school is a stepping stone for teachers. and though they try to hide it, this is SW Yonkers and dicipline is a problem. they don't want to suspend kids because too many suspension will give them a high Unsafe School Rating. again, things have gotten better but, 4 stars, 5 stars. no way.

Charter School Of Educational Excellence
260 Warburton Avenue, Yonkers, NY  10701
Last modified Charter School Of Educational Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charter School Of Educational Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top