Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted May 22, 2016
Great involvement by both parents and teachers. It's a great school community that has found its niche in bridging academic gap.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 04, 2016
Great leadership with awards to show for it. The culture of excellence begins from the top down

Charter School Of Educational Excellence 2

Posted November 19, 2015
We are students at the Charter School of Educational Excellence. This school isn't what everybody thinks. It is true that we have good test scores but the school has many cons. in Science the 7th and 8th grade are learning the same thing which makes us wonder what level science we are learning and what 7th grade will learn next year.Some of the teachers at the school take their power to the extreme. The music class has an unreliable teacher. He finishes his power-points during the actual class and all we do is jot down notes that he collects and keeps. In the Art "Studio" the teacher is very strict and unruly. Students aren't allowed to braid each others hair even when we aren't learning and when a student asks a question she completely disregards it. The school heat and air conditioning hasn't been fixed in centuries. All the classes are either freezing or hot. When students want to wear a sweater because of this we get in trouble . The lunch at the school has no flavor and the kids starve throughout the day. The school officials notice that we don't eat and don't do anything about it. The school snack is basically strawberry yogurt everyday and only a few kids like it. The nurse at the school has a disrespectful attitude and doesn't care for her job. She has nasty tone with children. The principal continuously takes the teachers side even if she doesn't know all the facts. However the school contains most f our friends so we will put up with it.

Charter School Of Educational Excellence 3

Posted November 11, 2015
As a student whose been in this school for now 7 years, it's safe to say that this school isn't exactly good or bad. The school has many security guards in and out of the school, which makes me feel safe. However the schools has its down side. For 4 years I had to relive the trauma of using the elementary school bathroom. The floors are constantly wet, there's toilet paper on the ground, and the toilets either aren't flushed, flooded with tissues or have piss on them. (However the middle school bathrooms are extremely neat). But wait there's more. Of course I should be greatful for the food delivered for snack and served at lunch (and the new addition of a healthy vending machine), but it's just really bad sometimes. Sure there's a store not too far away and a laundry mat with a vending machine that I can buy my own snack and lunch at but some just don't have the time in the morning, or money. The snack, for the past year has practically been nothing but strawberry yoghurt (yuck) and the lunch- aside from the cheeseburgers and square pizza- is so bad. Lastly, some teachers are either unbarable, difficult or just don't care. I'm not gonna point fingers. The 7th and 8th grade teachers and the gym/ Phys. Ed teachers, in my opinion, are the best teachers in the whole school. They're just so down to Earth and chill, they understand us. Other than that I really don't have any other complaints. Sure I've had troubles with figuring things out in the school (like where the nurse's office is) because things got switched. And some student can be a bit distruptive, obnoxious, concetted or mean but a majority are extremely nice. Plus the homework in the middle school isn't too much. It's just a matter of getting up the stairs every morning.

Posted May 18, 2014
I love this school! ! When my son first come in to the first grade he was at a b level reading he was so behind because in the school he was in before didnt teach as well as the charter would have taught him. Had he been in charter school from begining he would of been fine but now he is on a J level in only 8months! I know he will exit the first grade past J level! This school has really changed him in many ways putting him in this school has been the best thing I have ever done. And I absolutely love his teacher Ms ferrauto! ! Best school hands down!

Charter School Of Educational Excellence 4

Posted May 16, 2014
My school is a very good school.The teachers are very nice and this school makes you really smart. However,the school lunches aren't very good. It is only 3 stars. I think the best part of my school is that during lunch, we get to play outside. Also, gym class is very fun. So come to this school. This school is open for anyone in grades K-8 and their are no tests.But hurry, this school is running out of positions for new students!

Posted April 12, 2014
Csee is an amazing school the teachers and staff are great. My daughter has been in the school since first grade this is her second year and both Mrs. FERRAURO and Mrs. Macgregor have been great!!!! My daughters has learn alot she has been a star student last year and this year too. Her grades are all 4s which is 95 to 100 average thanks to both of these teachers!!!

Posted March 01, 2014
CSEE IS THE BEST CHARTER SCHOOL. WONDERFUL EDUCATORS. THIS IS OUR FIFTH YEAR. OUR CHILDREN LOVE IT THERE.

Posted March 21, 2010
I will piggy pack on the message from the parent dated May 9. The schol is entirely too small. There are only 2 bathrooms that grades 1-6 must share, and several stalls are not working. You will often find the bathrooms unclean and without handsoap, tissue paper/paper towels. The ventalation system is also in need of repair. My daughter tells me taht some classrooms are freezing while others fee like a sauna. This is a steppingstone for young teachers as the tunover rate has increased already thus far. The Charter School has a lot of great ideas but too little space or money to accomplist it all. My child has not brought home a textbook at all this year. I ased her why and she says that they copy notes from the textbook and are not allowed to bring them home. There are several classrooms that do not have windows.

Posted March 18, 2010
The Charter School of Educationl Excellence is a great school. My son graduated last year and misses it dearly. He had some really great teachers..Ms. O'Donnell and Ms. L, like another parent stated they are simply awesome. The dedication that they showed my son along with Ms. Castillo and Mr. Lageere (was called him little Mayor) was so inspiring to him, he misses them dearly and wished he didn't have to graduate. I am so happy that my daughter now attends the school. She loves the school and the atmosphere..you feel so welcomed.

260 Warburton Avenue, Yonkers, NY  10701
Last modified Charter School Of Educational Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.