Posted December 19, 2011
LCBMS is too big for an enrollment of 1800 kids...they need a mixture of different races and more minority teachers...the last time I checked they had no minority teachers...NAACP should look into this...my kids were always harass but they did nothing but whenever there is a problem they always target the minority student...recently my son was questioned and he asked to speak with his parents and they refused to let him and confiscated his phone..since this superintendent took over this school is on a steady decline....would not recommend sending your kids here

Posted November 18, 2011
Recently got a long term suspension overturned after reaching out to some gov't organizations to look into this school. I will make it short but I can write a book about this school about their mistreatment of non-white students, working on creating a website to show all these documents & secret recorded conversations with school staff. My son was always academically a 90 student but with this ridiculous long suspension we were forced to send him to a private school, he was heart broken at 1st about losing his friends but he was able to adapt and is doing great, with advise from some senators we are in the process of getting back this tuition. This school is so bad they contact my son's school without my consent and told them my son was a really bad student after the princpal of his new school contacted me and I informed her I needed this in writing. I am sorry but this principal, counselor, registrant and superintendent must go.

Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School 4

Posted October 05, 2011
I must disagree with a lot of the negative comments posted recently about LCBMS. In my son's 3 years at this school, I have found the administration, staff and teachers to be extremely professional and caring. The teachers are well-qualified and go above and beyond to ensure that students succeed-offering before and after school help if needed. Everyone is easy to contact and responds very quickly. Both teachers and administrators have been very flexible and receptive to thinking 'outside the box'.

Posted January 27, 2011
This school should be look into, they are psychologically damaging innocent kids, they suspend kids over little things. The school have an enrollment of 1600 which is too much for 1 school, an interim principal who can't deal with little issues so suspends a kid for anything. I recently reached out to some senators, US Dept of Education and ACLU to look into their policies and procedures because its a waste that residents in Yorktown, Peekskill and Cortlandt Manor have to pay high taxes and send their kids to private schools.

Posted January 25, 2011
LCBMS is a racially bias school, I just took my son out of here, the teachers, principal, superintendent over reacts to these kids, they got to remember these kids are only 11-13 year olds, my son was constantly targeted because of his skin color, I would never send my kids again to this school district, I came from Yonkers school district which was much better run and now I pay more taxes for less education

Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School 5

Posted November 22, 2010
My sons does not focus in class much however I must say the teacher communicate often on his status so that I could work more with him at home.

Posted April 28, 2010

Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2010
LCBMS does not properly prepare students for HS. There tests are basic, they don't offer any help or teach any study skills. My child was an honor student all 3 years at LCBMS, and is now struggling at LHS. LCBMS focuses mostly on discipline - as the halls are a mess between classes. They give out in school suspensions for the silliest of reasons. The principal is extremely rigid and there's no compromising with her. Teachers need to properly prepare students for HS - test formats... organization... study skills... This is just not done...

Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School 4

Posted March 21, 2010
Also, there is a choice of Band, general music, orchestra and chorus.

Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School 5

Posted March 03, 2010

Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School
3417 Old Yorktown Rd, Yorktown Heights, NY  10598
Last modified Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top