Yorktown Heights, NY

Brookside School 3

Posted April 25, 2012
I have had 2 children attend, and one is still at Brookside. Unfortunately Brookside maintains very average academic standards. Some teachers are excellent while others not so good. Their math program is below standard as evidenced by discussions with the 4th grade teachers who are the recipients of Brookside students. Those teachers have expressed to me and others confidentially of course that they are appalled by what is coming out of Brookside. Unfortunately most new 4th graders do not know their times tables at all and it s up to the 4th grade teacher to do remedial work. Hopefully this will improve.

Brookside School 5

Posted January 22, 2009
I have 2 children in Brookside. Their experience has been nothing but a positive one. The principal, teachers and staff work together to give the students and terrfic learning experience. My children are motivated and love going to school everyday. Parents are a welcomed part of this school.

Posted July 24, 2008
I am a parent of a student going into 4th grade at this school. His 3rd grade experience was wonderful at this school. So far i find the teacher assignments to be perfect. With my child he was paired witht hte teacher that was best for him , and my friends state their teacher assignments were dead on also.

Posted February 11, 2006
Very child focused elementary school. Must fight for gifted and talented and advanced math programs.

Posted June 01, 2004
Brookside is a great school. We have 2 kids in there now and we have been very pleased with it. The middle school (Strang)is a nightmare though with very poor leadership. There are very big problems between the superintendent of schools and the school board. We have been very disappointed with their inability to work together effectively. or civilly. The board meetings are televised and the way some of the board members talk to each other is really unbelievable. This has serious impact on the schools and on our kids. We are moving. Not because of the middle school (the high school seems to be better than the middle school) but we are happy to be missing the yorktown middle school experience.

Brookside School
2285 Broad Street, Yorktown Heights, NY  10598
Last modified Brookside School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookside School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top