Posted November 16, 2014
The teachers have said to the students that they don't know what they are teaching. Fights break out in front of teachers and they do not do anything. The teachers are absent AT LEAST once a week. This school could not be any worse. Hispanics are racist towards the white kids. It is truly a terrible school.

Posted May 22, 2014
I have worked in three middle schools and this one is by far the best. The administration is extremely fair and they work hard to promote a positive morale among students as well as the staff. We have excellent teachers on our staff that really care about kids. The kids are some of the best I've worked with, as well. We have some problems, like any middle school, but overall this is a great place to work and learn.

Posted June 20, 2013
Reading some of these reviews I have to clear some problems up. To people that talk about poor communication: HCMS has Sunday all calls, meaning that every person that is on the school call list gets a phone call with all the upcoming information that is necessary. To talk about how students are in the hall, we have one of the largest middle schools in the state and if you just allow middle school students to roam, they will roam and a lot of them cause problems in the hall with noise and playing around. To talk about that students are not to be heard, I will disagree whole heartedly, I myself use SIOP and many other student centered and driven classroom instruction models daily. I know many to most of my other co-workers are alike in this. I hope this shines a better light on my workplace and everyone takes a second look at HCMS.

Posted May 09, 2013
This school has the worst communication between parents and teachers. They rely on students to relay messages home verbally. Is it to hard to use email?

Posted February 14, 2013
If you are moving to the area and are considering enrolling your child into this school I have one piece of advice for you. DONT DO IT! This school is run by egomaniac authoritarians who believe that children should be seen and not heard. If you have never seen 6th, 7th, and 8th graders standing outside the bathroom going in one at a time then you will be shocked when you see it here. They are required to walk in lines everywhere they go, and are constantly followed and observed so they can be immediately disciplined for the smallest of infractions. It reminds me of my days in Marine Corps Basic Training! The children are segregated on the bus as well as in PE class, and they are not allowed to talk to each other, EVER! If they open their mouths to speak they are immediately and publicly disciplined by the staff. And that includes while they are eating lunch. The teachers believe that parent teacher conferences are only for children who are having problems with their grades, or who they deem to be causing problems. I strongly urge you to spend a few minutes walking the hallways observing how the students and teachers interact before enrolling your child here.

Harnett Central Middle 4

Posted January 18, 2012
Centrally located in Angier, NC. Population of around 1200 students, grades 6-8. Awesome arts department!

Harnett Central Middle 0

Posted August 05, 2009
Harnett county isnt too bad once you see it. It's really ok the classrooms are nice and the teachers are stern but fun and that always helps getting childerens attention

Posted July 14, 2009
This school is an good school. Administration deals with most problems, but some are overlooked. Bus system is okay, but we have had a few problems with it. I transfered in to this school from a military school this year and have found everyone very friendly and welcoming. This being my fourth school transfer in four years I found it to be ranked 4th out of the 5 schools.I also have AG classes and my grade average was 98.6. My teachers this year were Mrs. Kathy Bond and Ms. Ashley Messer. I think teaching here was thorough and exceptionally above average.

Posted April 16, 2009

Posted October 07, 2008

Harnett Central Middle
2529 Harnett Central Road, Angier, NC  27501
Last modified Harnett Central Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harnett Central Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top