Posted January 10, 2014
I have a fourth grader and a first grader and the can't say enough about West Lake... Love the teachers..

Posted November 21, 2013
This is the our third year at West Lake Elementary. I currently have a 5th grader, 3rd grader & Kindergartener attending. I have been very happy with the school thus far. It is a highly populated school, but I think the school has done it's best to accommodate and I love the year-round schedule. There has only been one teacher that I did not care for in our 3 years. The other teachers have been helpful and caring. I also cannot say enough good things about Mr. Simons as Principal. I love that he will go out at recess and play with the kids. He really makes an effort to get to know all the kids. He is very approachable and is doing an amazing job. I also want to give a shout out to Ms. Marshall, the Asst. Principal. She and Mr. Simons have created an amazing community feel at the school. Ms. Marshall always has a smile on her face and greets my kids by name. The only one complaint I have about the school is the silent lunches, which seem extreme in my opinion. Aside from that, I love this school and the parents in my neighborhood are very involved in making the school the best it can be.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my daughter's first year, but I am pleasantly surprised at how well the school is run. I was talking with my wife and we wish we did some of the things they do when we were kids. I think social media is helping and the teacher is either very organized or works a lot of hours (it could be both). Also I was worried that my daughter wouldn't be challenged since she scored somewhere in the high 90s percentile of primrose students on the bracken test., but I think that the curriculum she is going through now is appropriate for kindergarten.

Posted September 19, 2013
Can not say enough about this school since they put Daniel Simons in principal spot. Love the school. Wonderful.

West Lake Elementary 3

Posted May 16, 2013
The new principal is awesome. He is always approachable! He will bring the school back to the top in the next 5 years! Teachers are just a few very good:((((

West Lake Elementary 4

Posted March 20, 2013
It starts at the top. The new principle is awesome. He is not afraid to run laps with the kids, read to them during story time, institute creative incentive programs, work with the parents, listen.. it trickles down throughout the school to everyone working there and it shows. You can have the most fancy school and if the leadership stinks, the school will stink. I would not hestitate to recommend this school and am happy my kids are here.

Posted March 20, 2013
West lake is a great school with strong parent/ teacher involvement. Teachers and principal value parent- teacher communications.

Posted January 25, 2013
2011-12 was a turn around for this school Greater energy and positive vision since the new Principal came to WLE.

Posted October 13, 2010
I love this school, I think the principal has a great staff and teaching staff. We moved to the area and our children have transitioned very well. The curriculum over all is very good and the teaching staff is very responsive to student needs and assesments.

West Lake Elementary 3

Posted March 25, 2010
The turn around that this school has seen in just one year is heartening. Our new principal is caring, decisive and open to allowing the PTA and parents to participate and share their talents with the school community. As more parents share their time and talent this school will grow to greatness.

West Lake Elementary
4500 West Lake Road, Apex, NC  27502
Last modified West Lake Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Lake Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.