Posted December 21, 2014
All of my years at West Lake have been amazing! It is a very hard core school but everything is done to raise your potential. This school has been known for lots of homework, which is true coming from a current eighth grader at this school, but now I am almost positive I'm prepared for high school. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for all my amazing teachers that really do care about everyone and encouraged me to do better and study harder. Our sports teams are really hard to make but that's a reason that we are so good in almost all of them. Their have been mean kids at school, the only thing you can do is avoid them and be sure to get in the right crowd when you start school. If things really get bad that is when you tell a teacher or talk to the school counselor so they can handle the problem. You really have to work hard and do your best each year, but those three have been the best.

West Lake Middle 3

Posted September 26, 2014
The school is ok but a lot of the kids here at this school are snobby and mean.My daughter got picked on by a bunch of girls while one of her friends spread a rumor about her.She is usually lonely on a daily basis and the teachers don't even talk to her about it.
2 people found this helpful

West Lake Middle 2

Posted February 18, 2013
This school has great potential, but the staff could use a nudge in a more positive direction. They let children slip through the cracks and a big issues seems to be lost grades! SPAN is useless for reporting grades because the teachers do not keep the accounts up to date. Speaking with the principle is like pulling teeth (very defensive!) and they don't care what your concerns are for your child's furture. Seem to be in it for a paycheck. Not a good approach to teaching (especially when preparing for high school). Time for a change!

Posted August 03, 2012
I just graduated from West Lake and am currently going to attend Middle Creek this coming month. I couldn't see myself spending my three years of middle school anywhere else! It was a great environment to learn, and the teachers were extremely helpful, even when you didn't realize you needed a little nudge. The student body is full of kind students (for the most part) and not only that but the administration really cracks down on those who need discipline. I am going to sincerely miss West Lake and all of the teachers in it.

West Lake Middle 3

Posted July 16, 2012
The office personel is friendly and helpful. However the Principal doesn't give a flip about your situation or anything!! I wish my child didn't have to go here just because of her! The teachers seem to be great....Get a new principal!

West Lake Middle 1

Posted July 11, 2012
This school along with its Principal needs a major reformation. This school and its administration is indicative of the failed public school system here in NC.

Posted September 04, 2011
I'm a current 8th grader at West Lake and my years there have been great! The teachers are wonderful, and it has a wonderful academics curriculum. The teachers are truly caring for the students and take time out of there day to help other students when needed. Once I graduate I'm sure to miss West Lake.

Posted October 10, 2010
I love West Lake Middle school because it has so many dedicated, caring, and experienced teachers. It has been rated as one of the top year-round middle schools in the county and the state of NC. The year-round calender gives students, parents, and teachers periodic breaks, which allows for non-traditional vacation times and venues!

West Lake Middle 1

Posted July 19, 2010
Parents are not welcome by administration. Admin. flexes their authority on students and parents alike. Students experience quiet lunches, blanket punishments, etc. NOT FAIR for the majority to suffer for the few bad apples in the bunch. Keep an open dialect between students and other parentS. STAND TOGETHER! Standing alone brings negative outcome. I've done my research. The newest concern is who is going to replace the outgoing principal. Will it be the current female administrator who rules with an iron hand and lacks honest care and concern?

West Lake Middle 2

Posted May 06, 2010
School is struggling under the new principal's leadership. He is not responsive to emails and school is running more and more sluggishly. Carpool line is now a quagmire, teachers are grubbling--can't imagine how the day to day operations are going.

West Lake Middle
4600 West Lake Road, Apex, NC  27502
Last modified West Lake Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Lake Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top