Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 11, 2015
To my daughter, please don't give up. This is not the way school is supposed to be.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 11, 2015
They look bored and basically like they do not want to be there. I have heard more complaints about the class sizes, than anything concerning curriculum or concern for students. This is the 1st group of teachers I've met in all my years of raising children, that has a don't care it's just a paycheck air about them.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 11, 2015
I've see a lot of worksheets sent home to complete, but not anything of substance or that wasn't printed off the internet. Homework should reinforce what is being taught or an extension of work in class. These printouts are busy work.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 11, 2015
Again I have not heard one of my daughter's friends say anything positive about the teaching at Apex Middle School. Not one of them has been excited about any assignment. Middle Schoolers can be difficult, but this is very odd to not have any fun learning. My child has given up at getting any good grades or positive feedback.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 11, 2015
Respect is far greater than fear. Intimidation is the tactic most often used. My daughter and I sat in a meeting with the Principal where he interrupted me and her every time we tried to respond to his question or statement. He said the same thing over and over as if he was determined to break us.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 11, 2015
My daughter has told me repeatedly she does not feel heard. When she has gone to the teachers and counselor, she leaves feeling as if she bothered them.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 11, 2015
The administration intimidates students and parents. They withhold information and make wild accusations without proof. Everyone says they have to go through the Principal, which to me indicates he does not trust his staff.

Apex Middle 1

Posted November 11, 2015
We moved to Apex at the beginning of the school year, and Apex Middle has been a terrible experience. There was little assistance to acclimate. The 1st day of school my child was sat in front of a powerpoint presentation by herself. Zero communication from teachers other than negative. The AP and Principal are classic bullies to students and parents. The AP accused me of cussing him out which is a completely false accusation. Now there has been an "Incident which is still being investigated" involving my daughter, but he refuses to speak to me and provide me information about what happened. I am forced to keep my daughter out of school until someone in "authority" tells me their version of what happened. It is definitely a good old boy team driven by some code of silence that doesn't involve parents. My child has never had problems in school involving administration, lack of quality teaching and interaction with students and parents. She is failing every class including art! She tells me of kids drawing crude pictures on furniture and walls, cussing and gossiping, drugs and cigarettes sold every day on campus. There is a full time police officer there while all this is going on. I am actively seeking a new school environment that fosters trust, respect, stimulating teaching and most of all one that does NOT make me scared to send my child to school. Who would have thought adults in education could be so unprofessional and childish.

Apex Middle 3

Posted August 04, 2015
BULLYING, BULLYING,BULLYING! Kids here are very harsh towards one another, they use e-cigarettes, weed, and God knows what else. Parents!, check your kids daily they don't tell you everything. Faculty Are very young and inexperienced!

Apex Middle 5

Posted June 10, 2015
I have had 2 students at Apex Middle School; my youngest is about to enter 8th grade there. We have been very happy with the teachers at Apex Middle School. They are caring, fun, and creative in their ways of getting their students interested in what they are teaching. My daughter has been well prepared for each grade she has entered, and I feel she will be well prepared for High School as well. We find the school well organized, and creates a safe, encouraging learning environment. I would highly recommend it.

400 East Moore St, Apex, NC  27502
Last modified Apex Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.