Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They look bored and basically like they do not want to be there. I have heard more complaints about the class sizes, than anything concerning curriculum or concern for students. This is the 1st group of teachers I've met in all my years of raising children, that has a don't care it's just a paycheck air about them.

Amount of homework: no rating

I've see a lot of worksheets sent home to complete, but not anything of substance or that wasn't printed off the internet. Homework should reinforce what is being taught or an extension of work in class. These printouts are busy work.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The administration intimidates students and parents. They withhold information and make wild accusations without proof. Everyone says they have to go through the Principal, which to me indicates he does not trust his staff.

We moved to Apex at the beginning of the school year, and Apex Middle has been a terrible experience. There was little assistance to acclimate. The 1st day of school my child was sat in front of a powerpoint presentation by herself. Zero communication from teachers other than negative. The AP and Principal are classic bullies to students and parents. The AP accused me of cussing him out which is a completely false accusation. Now there has been an "Incident which is still being investigated" involving my daughter, but he refuses to speak to me and provide me information about what happened. I am forced to keep my daughter out of school until someone in "authority" tells me their version of what happened. It is definitely a good old boy team driven by some code of silence that doesn't involve parents. My child has never had problems in school involving administration, lack of quality teaching and interaction with students and parents. She is failing every class including art! She tells me of kids drawing crude pictures on furniture and walls, cussing and gossiping, drugs and cigarettes sold every day on campus. There is a full time police officer there while all this is going on. I am actively seeking a new school environment that fosters trust, respect, stimulating teaching and most of all one that does NOT make me scared to send my child to school. Who would have thought adults in education could be so unprofessional and childish.

BULLYING, BULLYING,BULLYING! Kids here are very harsh towards one another, they use e-cigarettes, weed, and God knows what else. Parents!, check your kids daily they don't tell you everything. Faculty Are very young and inexperienced!

I have had 2 students at Apex Middle School; my youngest is about to enter 8th grade there. We have been very happy with the teachers at Apex Middle School. They are caring, fun, and creative in their ways of getting their students interested in what they are teaching. My daughter has been well prepared for each grade she has entered, and I feel she will be well prepared for High School as well. We find the school well organized, and creates a safe, encouraging learning environment. I would highly recommend it.

Worst school of wake county. They teachers are the worst they are mean. Bad lunch ladies the food is cold.

i hate teaching at this school. These kids ar very innapropriate. Do not enroll at this school

I attend apex middle school and what the other people said about the administers were true, they don't really do anything about the bullying, but they're big on not bullying and making it seem like they care about the bullying but they don't.. which i know that's confusing but that's what they do. half of the bullying is because of the drama, which is why the administers probably don't like to get involve but they should. if you come to the school that's all it's about. the school is a very clean school.. the students on the other hand are disrespect and bad influences. they are really big on safety for sure. so if you want a dramatic safety school, apex middle is for you.

I currently go to this school and I honestly hate it and don't want to come next year. I am in 7th grade and came in the 2nd semester. When I first met my first teachers it was okay the classes were much more behaved than in my old school (Ligon) but when I went to my science class it was horrible there were was very few respect to the teacher but in general the teacher was horrible. As we came to 4th quarter she exposed one of the girls grades that I am friends with. She believed that the girl needed some public embarrassment because her science grade was so low. I have been bullied as well by a boy there. I went and told the 7th grade AP and he honestly didn't do anything about it, even one of the girls who witnessed it and was in it with me told him and he just ignored it. I hate it so much and hate going there every single day!!! I don't recommend this school it is a joke!

Last modified Apex Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.