Apex, NC

Posted September 23, 2013
I feel OCE has an exceptionally strong bond among the parents because the parents and kids (in each track) have an opportunity to bond over time since they are together for all of elementary school versus a year round school where your child will be placed with kids in their grade which includes 5-6 classes versus 2 classes in a year round school.

Olive Chapel Elementary 2

Posted September 08, 2013
My daughter finished with Olive Chapel and had a good experience, but my second grader has not. New and inexperienced teachers at every grade, overcrowded, and no nurturing support. I feel my son is loosing valuable time at this school. I feel the school has gone backwards in terms of progress.

Olive Chapel Elementary 1

Posted September 07, 2013
My son is in 2nd grade now. We are not pleased with the qualification of teachers. Instead of focusing on providing quality care for little children, they are rule keepers. They do not care about students' emotional/mental/psychological health at all. They worry too much about not being in trouble after incidents or problems happened by students. The education is not good at all. My son is 1-2 grades behind.

Posted May 18, 2013
my son started there in 2009-2010 school year, first grade was rather bumpy!! second grade better!! i absolutely loved mrs price, third grade, great!! love mrs adame!! fourth grade, good, loved ms cowen, but she left!! i think that mr tussey is great for my son, i love the school, though communication can be fine tuned some but it is still a great school. (bus transportation issues) i have been dealing with wcpss since 1994 consecutively!! and with my last child starting school in 2008 this is the first time i actually had to deal with the zone issues that put my son ( who lives in cary) in a school that is in apex, with the bussing issues that has him getting home more than sometimes 2 hours after dismissal when there are 4 schools that are closer and 3 in walking distance. my son loves his school very much! and that is worth keeping him there and not moving him again!1 thank you!!

Olive Chapel Elementary 1

Posted December 07, 2012
We have not been pleased with the school. The parent volunteers make the school work. In my opinion the administration has had bad communication. The teachers have been hit or miss as far as quality of education.

Posted November 21, 2011
I wish this website would update the reviews. The only poor reviews are from years ago, and I've had a great experience - so have many of the parents I talk to. The teachers my child has are wonderful, and the others I've met through volunteer work are involved and motivated. Even our bus driver is top-notch. The Walking School Bus, Family Marathon, and Landlubbers club offer incentives for the kids to stay healthy and active, there are many opportunities for students to work on literacy skills, and our teachers at least are open to tailoring educational needs to the individual child's skill level. We moved here for this school, and we have not been disappointed.

Posted May 02, 2011
We switched from a small private school with a 6:1 student teacher ratio and I am just as pleased with the quality of education at OCE as the private school. Also, the discipline and organization are even better! My children are now learning to take responsiblity for their work. My only disappointment is the school lunches which is a Wake County issue and not an OCE choice.

Posted January 17, 2009

Posted June 15, 2008

Olive Chapel Elementary 0

Posted June 01, 2008
My daughter started kindergarten in OCE in 07-08. We like the school. She is happy and well-instructed. She is motivated to do well. The school offers loads of parent involvement, from being able to visit your child for lunch, to the more elaborate Artapalooz event. I think the school does its job. I don't know if she is challenged academically, but she is just in Kindergarten! Actually I'd like to see her have a bit more 'play' time, but I know that isn't possible. The teachers seem qualified, and my daughter likes her Kindergarten teacher. I like the year-round schedule.

Olive Chapel Elementary
1751 Olive Chapel Road, Apex, NC  27502
Last modified Olive Chapel Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olive Chapel Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top