Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Very organized school. Teachers are great and they motivate the kids to keep up with their grades . Principal is very involved in school events . Schools ranks higher among others middle school around wake county . The front desk people are always nice and helpful . There's a lot of homework, tests, quizzes and other grades assignments weekly. I consider this a positive thing as it encourages the kids to study daily versus study the whole content only the night before a big test. The first quarter of 6th grade was a bit challenging for my son , but he put a lot of effort and managed to be an AB Honor Student . I believe the study routine it will help greatly when he goes to High School !

This school is full of bullies that the teachers cannot or will not control. Some teachers are even intimidated and bullied themselves. The principal cares more about sending fundraiser emails than dealing with real problems like dealing with bullies, genuinely engaging parents and effective planning for students across all tracks. STEM program is a joke. My kid was in Track 4 and could not participate in robotics because the "slots were already filled by other tracks". Are you kidding me? So what track you are in determines access to resources? When we had a problem with bullying (3 times by the same girls) the Vice Principal did nothing...no suspensions, not a darn thing except an "investigation" after which he basically stopped short of saying that the bullying was my daughter's fault (there were no witnesses therefore there was no bullying). The academics are also a joke. They don't do any real writing and all classes use mind numbing "worksheets" in lieu of high quality thoughtful instruction and assignments. They don't allow students to take graded test home...I wonder why? I felt so bad for sending my daughter to this awful hell of a school. She is now going to St. Mary Magdeline which is expensive but worth every penny over sending her to one of the worst and most mismanaged schools she has ever attended

May have good academic rigor, but communication and engagement with parents is terrible. What kind of school discards parent teacher conferences in lieu of student-led parent conferences (um, we talk with our kids all the time)? Black box. Wish kids had text books or reliable and consistentinformation organized online about assignments. Black box.

The only reason I don't rate this school 2 star, because its definition: bad. Although the school by itself isn't bad, but as a parent's of a student who studies there I would rather describe as a factory. Teachers are very uninterested to inspire students (although it could be part of their exhausting daily grinds coming from the certain political pressures) Other than trying get through their curriculum they have no interest and looks like knowledge how to expend the children' interest. My child doesn't study home at all and still an A student, yet the school does nothing to challenge these kids. No effort was put in to Spelling bee, Geo bee, (teacher hardly knew when is the competition because they were so busy just to keep up with the politics if they want to keep either their job or salary. Us parents, technically know nothing what goes around in the school unless we have an articulate child, who is willing talk about the daily things. I don't blame the teachers (mostly) but the leadership who gives more emphasis -just look at LRM school home page- for events that has nothing to academic achievement, than recognizing their hard working students. It is definitely a disappointment at least the leadership in the point of comparing to Oak Grove Elementary. And just as my last thought I just saw one of my fellow parent's review and had the exact experience and opinion "I'm not sure what awards program the reviewer below this attended, but I have to agree that it was a mess and the principal did neglect to recognize an entire group of students." Principal Sinders is either not aware what goes around in her "court" or really incompetent to understand what is her job truly.

Recent test scores were released and Lufkin Road Middle School was in the top 5 middle schools in a 3-4 county area. Great leadership! High expectations!

There is poor communication and leadership at this school. Some teachers here are very good, but there are too many that do not meet the needs of the students, especially in math and language arts. I really appreciate those teachers here that give their all, but the failure in the math and language arts have done immense damage to my child s academic progress. Check the year over year test performance on the EOG before you send your child here.

Why must children go here to this school! I can't believe why is there such great reviews!

FIVE more days! Thank goodness, as this year has been the total opposite of last year at Lufkin under the leadership (or lack of) Principal Sinders. The only thing I can say she's good at is delegating...she doesn't return emails, phone calls, promises made, etc. Oh, she's also very good at moving teachers around from one subject and grade to another...even the tenured teachers who have mastered their curriculum. I'm not sure what awards program the reviewer below this attended, but I have to agree that it was a mess and the principal did neglect to recognize an entire group of students. My child was one of them!

Great teachers who give sufficient homework that related to what their students learned in class. I especially like the study guides they provided to their students to help them prepare for the quizzes or tests. Furthermore, the regular tests they provided help the students to keep up with what they learned. Language Art writing assignments were interesting and challenging for my son. School environment is great and promote learning. We like this school a lot. My son especially won't miss classes and always looking forward to go to school.

This was our first year at Lufkin and we liked it very much. My child LOVES all her teachers and likes the other kids. After experiencing 2 other middle schools (with older children), it seems Lufkin has practically no discipline problems or disruptive students in class. I also feel like the work is challenging but relevant. The only drawback I see is the lack of electives that other middle schools might have.

Last modified Lufkin Road Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.