Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Lufkin Road Middle 3

Posted June 16, 2015
The only reason I don't rate this school 2 star, because its definition: bad. Although the school by itself isn't bad, but as a parent's of a student who studies there I would rather describe as a factory. Teachers are very uninterested to inspire students (although it could be part of their exhausting daily grinds coming from the certain political pressures) Other than trying get through their curriculum they have no interest and looks like knowledge how to expend the children' interest. My child doesn't study home at all and still an A student, yet the school does nothing to challenge these kids. No effort was put in to Spelling bee, Geo bee, (teacher hardly knew when is the competition because they were so busy just to keep up with the politics if they want to keep either their job or salary. Us parents, technically know nothing what goes around in the school unless we have an articulate child, who is willing talk about the daily things. I don't blame the teachers (mostly) but the leadership who gives more emphasis -just look at LRM school home page- for events that has nothing to academic achievement, than recognizing their hard working students. It is definitely a disappointment at least the leadership in the point of comparing to Oak Grove Elementary. And just as my last thought I just saw one of my fellow parent's review and had the exact experience and opinion "I'm not sure what awards program the reviewer below this attended, but I have to agree that it was a mess and the principal did neglect to recognize an entire group of students." Principal Sinders is either not aware what goes around in her "court" or really incompetent to understand what is her job truly.

Lufkin Road Middle
Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 16, 2015
school does nothing. We parents probably do this work. I have not experienced one occasion that teachers or the school did something to develop these traits.

Posted October 26, 2014
Recent test scores were released and Lufkin Road Middle School was in the top 5 middle schools in a 3-4 county area. Great leadership! High expectations!

Posted June 03, 2014
There is poor communication and leadership at this school. Some teachers here are very good, but there are too many that do not meet the needs of the students, especially in math and language arts. I really appreciate those teachers here that give their all, but the failure in the math and language arts have done immense damage to my child s academic progress. Check the year over year test performance on the EOG before you send your child here.

Posted March 03, 2014
Why must children go here to this school! I can't believe why is there such great reviews!

Posted June 23, 2013
FIVE more days! Thank goodness, as this year has been the total opposite of last year at Lufkin under the leadership (or lack of) Principal Sinders. The only thing I can say she's good at is delegating...she doesn't return emails, phone calls, promises made, etc. Oh, she's also very good at moving teachers around from one subject and grade to another...even the tenured teachers who have mastered their curriculum. I'm not sure what awards program the reviewer below this attended, but I have to agree that it was a mess and the principal did neglect to recognize an entire group of students. My child was one of them!

Posted May 16, 2013
Great teachers who give sufficient homework that related to what their students learned in class. I especially like the study guides they provided to their students to help them prepare for the quizzes or tests. Furthermore, the regular tests they provided help the students to keep up with what they learned. Language Art writing assignments were interesting and challenging for my son. School environment is great and promote learning. We like this school a lot. My son especially won't miss classes and always looking forward to go to school.

Posted April 23, 2013
This was our first year at Lufkin and we liked it very much. My child LOVES all her teachers and likes the other kids. After experiencing 2 other middle schools (with older children), it seems Lufkin has practically no discipline problems or disruptive students in class. I also feel like the work is challenging but relevant. The only drawback I see is the lack of electives that other middle schools might have.

Posted April 11, 2013
This year was a nightmare. I agree with other comments posted below about Tr 3. We will not be coming back next year.

Posted March 11, 2013
Lufkin Road Middle School had a reputation of being top notch, with encouraging, happy teachers her were eager to inspire greatness in their students every day. The same can not be said this year, especially of the teachers on Track 3. Either they aren't receiving positive support from above or their light has burned out and they are just ticking off the days. This is our second year here and it is a disappointment compared to last year and years passed. Putting in request for transfer; something we never though we'd do after last year's success. I'd steer clear of Band as an elective, unless you don't mind playtime as a class period.

Lufkin Road Middle
1002 Lufkin Rd, Apex, NC  27539
Last modified Lufkin Road Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.