Posted October 01, 2014
We are so thankful to Middle Creek Elementary, Ms. Parrish, the teachers and staff! Ms. Parrish's enthusiasm and warmth create a loving and supportive environment that has helped our children thrive. With the exception of one substitute, we have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with all employees at MCES! We have a 5th grader who has been here since 2nd grade and is in AIG and a Kindergartner who is being evaluated for an IEP. The school has been very supportive of both of our children, despite the fact that they are very different students, and has provided resources to help them both be happy and successful! MCES also has a great PTA and the parents provide extra resources for the classrooms. We have been at several schools, including private, and this is the best place for our children. We love the school so much that we chose to stay and provide transportation after we moved across town. We can't say enough good things about MCES!

Posted August 28, 2014
Absolutely excellent school. The teachers are wise and caring, and extend themselves beyond expectation to make sure all students are nurtured and made to feel successful. The focus is on the child--not on the test score, a refreshing change from another school we had unfortunate experiences with. The administration is the best I have ever seen. The principal is a gifted manager, surrounding herself with competent and talented staff-- and she lets them shine. I feel so lucky to have found such a marvelous school.

Posted April 17, 2014
Awesome school, having my child enrolled this year. Teachers are professional yet have special relationship with parents and students. This reay helps the students with their learning and comforts the parents, I know my child will be jus fine.

Posted February 13, 2013
This is a great school related to parent involvement. While I am not too impressed by my daughter's teacher in Track 2, the activities for the kids are great! The principal; Ms Parrish is a wonderful presence and clearly has great goals for the school. This year there was the Annual Art Expressions contest, which was a wonderful opportunity for the students, and the 2nd Scripps Spelling B at the school. They had a father daughter dance, which was a lovely time for the students. The list goes on and on. I think that over time this school will get better and better.

Posted August 09, 2010
This is our second year in MCES. I am very, very happy with the teachers my children have this year. They are challenged, disciplined appropriately and nurtured. Both teachers display a great desire to want to teach the children in their classes. My children come home with an appropriate amount of home work that isn't just "busy work" but an extension of what they are learning in the classroom. The principal is new this year so I do not have much feedback on her yet, but to say she is a very friendly, approachable person. Overall, I'm very happy with the staff, policies and procedures at MCES.

Posted July 07, 2010
I find that many of the teachers here are too young just out of college, the teachers my children had this year were very poor at communication and overall were lazy in regards to teaching. If it weren't for my persistence in helping my children learn, I am not sure where they would be right now. Teachers also change grades way to much, there is no consistency and chance to become proficient in that grade.

Middle Creek Elementary 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I found Middle Creek Elementary a school in which they really believe it is all about the children. Providing an education strong on ensuring our well rounded individuals who show respect for one another while learning the fundamentals on which we all strive to know.

Posted January 26, 2010
Although the principal seems friendly and approachable, the school seems to lack an emphasis on pushing the children to excel academically. Most recognition and decisions are made to ensure every child is included. It appears the principal frowns on recognizing students academic achievemenst for fear he might be leaving a group out. We have attended much strong academic schools where a students' talents in reading, math, writing, art, etc. were recognized as examples for the whole school. You don't feel the academic push here at MIddle Creek. I always get the feeling that the teachers and staff are just trying to get by. There is a lot of effort on the underachievers, but someone needs to ask why there are so many to begin with in this school system.

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted June 30, 2009
All three of my children have attended MCE- been in the school system for 6 years total! We cannot say enough about the wonderful staff from the Janitor, Mr. Mims to the receptionist, librarian, principals, teachers, counselors, front office staff.....all are very friendly and supportive. My children thrived in MCE and my third grader went from reading below grade level in Kindergarten to scoring 99% higher on her EOG's in third grade with a 965 Lexile score (range is 500-700). This amazing fact was due to the intervention of the teachers in first and second grade recognizing that my child needed additional help and giving it to her. I am so very impressed with this school. We are moving to GA and I cringe at the fact that the new schools will not compare to the education that my children have received here in NC! Thank you staff at MCE!

Middle Creek Elementary
110 Middle Creek Park Avenue, Apex, NC  27502
Last modified Middle Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middle Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top